cold metal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I need to divide 34 bars into golden sections. The ultimate aim is to subdivide those sections to create botha macro and micro structural process.
So first I need to divide 34 bars into the 2 sections and then those sections need to be divided and so on and so forth. Fractal like I suppose.

Can someone explain the method? I wont be satisfied unless I understand the proof inside out and can adapt it myself. I already feel tacky for asking :-(

so its x:34 = 0.6180339985218034

Im a musician so my algebra is rather sketchy I know I need x = 34 *0.6180339985218034or something like that
ghostwalker
  • Study Helper
Badges: 17
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by cold metal)
I need to divide 34 bars into golden sections. The ultimate aim is to subdivide those sections to create botha macro and micro structural process.
So first I need to divide 34 bars into the 2 sections and then those sections need to be divided and so on and so forth. Fractal like I suppose.

Can someone explain the method? I wont be satisfied unless I understand the proof inside out and can adapt it myself. I already feel tacky for asking :-(
Not clear what you're trying to do.

Do you want to divide them in the ratio 1:\phi ?

If so, the fractions that the parts take are \dfrac{1}{1+\phi}\text{ and }\dfrac{\phi}{1+\phi}, times 34 to get the amount.
cold metal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Ah I need to divide say 10 bars into 2 parts which are in the golden ratio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio). I need to then divide those in the same fashion. Essentially I want to produce a rectangle divided into 2 parts corresponding to the golden ratio
ghostwalker
  • Study Helper
Badges: 17
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by cold metal)
Ah I need to divide say 10 bars into 2 parts which are in the golden ratio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio). I need to then divide those in the same fashion. Essentially I want to produce a rectangle divided into 2 parts corresponding to the golden ratio
In that case just, if the side has length s, then multiply s by the two fractions I have and you'll have the required lengths to split the line (and the area of the rectangle) into the golden ratio.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
13.94%
I'm not sure (30)
4.81%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (197)
31.57%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.08%
I'm not a current university student (297)
47.6%

Watched Threads