The Student Room Group

Manchester firm choice and Liverpool insurance choice ?

(Manchester firm choice and Liverpool insurance choice ?) What do people think of these universities in terms of the social aspect, the city as a whole and the reputation ? (I'm applying for law)
Manchester is a great university so I definitely think it would be an excellent firm choice.

People on here will probably criticise the University of Liverpool but I think it looks great. It's a lovely city too, great nightlife, full of culture, cheap living costs etc. I've firmed it :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Lucy96
Manchester is a great university so I definitely think it would be an excellent firm choice.

People on here will probably criticise the University of Liverpool but I think it looks great. It's a lovely city too, great nightlife, full of culture, cheap living costs etc. I've firmed it :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you visited Liverpool ? What course you taking ? :smile:
Original post by SamTew29
Have you visited Liverpool ? What course you taking ? :smile:

I have! :smile: going again for a post application day on the 26th! I live not far from it so I know the city quite well, too. Evolutionary Anthropology :colondollar: If you check out the Liverpool 2014 Applicant thread, there are a good few Law offer holders so if you want more specific information on that department, many will help :smile:

(maryamzahid should be very helpful so I'd quote her on that thread :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Lucy96
I have! :smile: going again for a post application day on the 26th! I live not far from it so I know the city quite well, too. Evolutionary Anthropology :colondollar: If you check out the Liverpool 2014 Applicant thread, there are a good few Law offer holders so if you want more specific information on that department, many will help :smile:

(maryamzahid should be very helpful so I'd quote her on that thread :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that of this month ? Because I really want to visit Liverpool :smile: Visiting Manchester on the 19th February which should be good! I'm from down south so all these Northern Cities are new to me but I've heard very good things! :smile:
Is that of this month ? Because I really want to visit Liverpool :smile: Visiting Manchester on the 19th February which should be good! I'm from down south so all these Northern Cities are new to me but I've heard very good things! :smile:

It is, however it's for when you have an offer (you get given a few dates to choose from to look around the university, meet potential students, meet the staff, look around the department etc) :smile: Sounds good :biggrin: ooh wow, I'm sure you'll like them! Are you for 2014 entry or 2015? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Lucy96
It is, however it's for when you have an offer (you get given a few dates to choose from to look around the university, meet potential students, meet the staff, look around the department etc) :smile: Sounds good :biggrin: ooh wow, I'm sure you'll like them! Are you for 2014 entry or 2015? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've had an offer from Liverpool so I might see if I can go on the 26th! I really hope so :tongue: 2014, not deferring :smile: and you ?
Yeah I've had an offer from Liverpool so I might see if I can go on the 26th! I really hope so :tongue: 2014, not deferring :smile: and you ?

Oh cool :biggrin: aww, give it a go :tongue: ah I see, same here :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Lucy96
Oh cool :biggrin: aww, give it a go :tongue: ah I see, same here :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might see you there haha! :smile:
Might see you there haha! :smile:

Yup! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply