Personal statement of an italian student

Watch
eriksingh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello guys,
I'm writing my PS for my application to 5 different universities with the course "Computer Science".

Hovewer, I'm wondering if I should insert in the PS a description of the subjects I'm studying in my Diploma course. The italian Diploma is different in terms of subjects from the british A Levels.

So should I give a description of the subjects I have studied and their topics? These subjects regard computer science, so I think the tutors may be happy...

Any opinions?
Thanks
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by eriksingh)
Hello guys,
I'm writing my PS for my application to 5 different universities with the course "Computer Science".

Hovewer, I'm wondering if I should insert in the PS a description of the subjects I'm studying in my Diploma course. The italian Diploma is different in terms of subjects from the british A Levels.

So should I give a description of the subjects I have studied and their topics? These subjects regard computer science, so I think the tutors may be happy...

Any opinions?
Thanks
No, don't. You will list your qualifications elsewhere on the form and you won't be the first Italian student they will have come across. Use the space to talk about why you want to study this course, not what you are already studying.
eriksingh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by carnationlilyrose)
No, don't. You will list your qualifications elsewhere on the form and you won't be the first Italian student they will have come across. Use the space to talk about why you want to study this course, not what you are already studying.
I've seen in many PS that the applicants talk about the subjects they had chosen. So should I just list the subjects with a brief comment on each of them?
NOONA.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No don't list them, instead talk about your subjects and link them to Computer Science.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by eriksingh)
I've seen in many PS that the applicants talk about the subjects they had chosen. So should I just list the subjects with a brief comment on each of them?
If you have seen may statements in which the students have talked about their subjects, you have seen many statements in which applicants have wasted valuable space by telling admissions tutors what they already know, i.e. what is studied on an A level course or its equivalent. It doesn't vary from person to person and so it doesn't help give a picture of why the person wants to study the university course. You will not be having a different experience to any other Italian student of your school subjects so it doesn't make you different to any other applicants. Find other things to say about your interest in your new subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.85%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (83)
27.95%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (112)
37.71%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (39)
13.13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.37%

Watched Threads