The Student Room Group

Getting a girls number from someone else ?

Hi

Heres the situation I have spoken to her a few times and she seemed decent and we had a nice chat and she was hinting that she was single. But I dont see her too often at uni she hardly ever in. So its the holidays now and a friend of mine who I told the girl im friends with has her number and said he'll give me it. So I was thinking of getting it and just texting about the holidays and xmas. So what do u think ??
Reply 1
No, that's very very creepy and she would probably be quite weirded out. Get it yourself and it would be less weird :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by annarchy.
No, that's very very creepy and she would probably be quite weirded out. Get it yourself and it would be less weird :smile:

But she's hinting she's single so...But the problem is I hardly see her around.
Reply 3
If a girl did that to get my number I'd be flattered. But then again girls are useless at that stuff. I say go for it, surely it's a good way to show interest...
Reply 4
I would rather you get from me. If someone gave you my number I would be mad at them for giving it to you.
Reply 5
Original post by IMBCFC
Hi

Heres the situation I have spoken to her a few times and she seemed decent and we had a nice chat and she was hinting that she was single. But I dont see her too often at uni she hardly ever in. So its the holidays now and a friend of mine who I told the girl im friends with has her number and said he'll give me it. So I was thinking of getting it and just texting about the holidays and xmas. So what do u think ??

Can't you ask for it on Facebook or whatever? Getting girl's numbers from other people is creepy.
Yeah I'd go the facebook route, add her (if you haven't already) and talk through that?

Phones are too private to get people's numbers out of the blue like that
She might be a bit creeped out. Be a man and ask her for her number yourself.
Reply 8
Original post by IMBCFC
But she's hinting she's single so...But the problem is I hardly see her around.

I would be creeped out if you obtained my number from elsewhere rather than coming to me. Just be casual and ask for it believe me
I'd probably find it really weird if you got my number from someone else. If she's interested then she wont say no if you ask her for it.
Too creepy bro , ask her yourself.
i did that as a joke once, to prank text some girl, she got mad enough said lol.
I wouldn't do that if I were you, seems a tad bit creepy to me. :| But if your other friend asks her if it's okay to give her number to you and she says fine, then that's a different story. But I wouldn't go ahead and just text her randomly like that without her knowing you have her number...
Reply 13
Original post by Mankytoes
Can't you ask for it on Facebook or whatever? Getting girl's numbers from other people is creepy.

She aint on fb or anything
Original post by IMBCFC
She aint on fb or anything

No email, no twitter, nothing? I really think that getting a phone number from someone else is dodgy, it's just social protocol that you ask for a girls number. Just wait until you next see her.
Unless you already know her, is part of a group of friends and you are organising something and you need to notify her of what your planning, then that's fair enough.

However, if you want to text her to ask her out, flirt, or just say hi...then don't.
Bit creepy mate.
If you talk to her enough she'll probably end up asking for yours or giving you hers. This happens quite often with me at least. I don't think I have ever asked for someones number in my life it just... happens :dontknow: Although in my case I am just trying to be friends with them so maybe that's a bit different.
I would personally find that quite creepy, just getting a random text out of nowhere :tongue:
Noo too creepy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can I have yours plz

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending