Legalise murder, rape and robbery Watch

Ranting Man
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
In light of recent events there should be a legalisation of rape, murder and robbery to provide a natural cull to the stupid of society as robbers and rapists get murdered?

Disclaimer: This in philosophy, that means I'm trying to instigate philosophical discussion of the concept not outright condoning it.
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sounds like it'd definitely improve these issues! :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
matt_g96
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
you would be the first to go
Solivagant
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
1/10
MrDystopia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nah I'm good.
miser
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In what way does legalising rape and robbery serve to provide a cull?
Liquid Swordsman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Troll game too weak like fortnights
Ranting Man
Rep:
?
(Original post by miser)
By legalising it the police want catch them leaving society to catch them and bump them off, much cheaper and much more efficient than the current system.
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by miser)
Show me a town in history that has been raped and pillaged, but nobody died.

I'm not saying it's the right way to go about it, but history is on the side for the OP's argument.
miser
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ranting Man)
By legalising it the police want catch them leaving society to catch them and bump them off, much cheaper and much more efficient than the current system.
You would be reducing investigative accuracy, imbalancing the 'justice' the criminals would face, and also legalising revenge. I think it would be reasonable to view this proposal as encouraging rather than discouraging murder, rape and robbery.
Ranting Man
Rep:
?
(Original post by miser)
You would be reducing investigative accuracy, imbalancing the 'justice' the criminals would face, and also legalising revenge. I think it would be reasonable to view this proposal as encouraging rather than discouraging murder, rape and robbery.
It would only actually encourage murder of rapists as every other crime would have someone prepared to enact revenge and thus be discouraged.
miser
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mikeyd85)
Show me a town in history that has been raped and pillaged, but nobody died.

I'm not saying it's the right way to go about it, but history is on the side for the OP's argument.
Anyone who died as a result of persons intending to rape or pillage would have been murdered or manslaughtered. I agree that legalising rape and robbery would most likely increase the murder rate, but it would still be the murder rate. And a cull implies some criteria to warrant death - culls aren't wanton.
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by miser)
Anyone who died as a result of persons intending to rape or pillage would have been murdered or manslaughtered. I agree that legalising rape and robbery would most likely increase the murder rate, but it would still be the murder rate. And a cull implies some criteria to warrant death - culls aren't wanton.
I don't think the OP has thought that far ahead tbh.
miser
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ranting Man)
It would only actually encourage murder of rapists as every other crime would have someone prepared to enact revenge and thus be discouraged.
I think that avengers have historically not been particularly dissuaded from enacting their revenge from the threat of further revenge. Revenge also tends to escalate violence; it is rarely as clinical as an eye for an eye.
Robbie242
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
OPs asking for his own death really
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Weak troll, 2/10.
Ranting Man
Rep:
?
(Original post by miser)
I think that avengers have historically not been particularly dissuaded from enacting their revenge from the threat of further revenge. Revenge also tends to escalate violence; it is rarely as clinical as an eye for an eye.
However I'm sure were evidence provided for any miscarriage of revenge then revenge would be enacted against the perpetrator.
Naami
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Society would descend into chaos.

Duh.
HelpTheInnocent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
O/10 :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
JohnPaul_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
👎

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (33)
18.23%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.73%
Unconditional if insurance (1)
0.55%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (3)
1.66%
No unconditional offers (130)
71.82%

Watched Threads