0%
Leeds (0)
0%
Deeee123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
PLEASE HELP!! I'm pretty undecided between Nottingham and Leeds for Psychology. I have offers for both (both AAB)

The things is, when I went to Leeds open day I absolutely loved it. The vibe, the city, accommodation, sports facilities… pretty much everything.
I also went to the Nottingham open day but I went with a friend, so by the time we got there we only had a couple minutes 'til both our taster lectures started, then we left soon after so only looked at one accommodation (which I didn't actually like)
When I tell people I'm deciding between the two they rave about Nottingham.. so essentially which one do I pick?!

I've done stacks of research & Nottingham proves to be the better uni (for Psychology) but I can't get over how much I loved Leeds.. Would it be bad to turn down the offer from Nottingham?
MissDolly96
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've been to Nottingham and Leeds for psychology too, I loved them too! And in fact, I had the same scenario where I went to Leeds with my family and then Nottingham with my friends! I agree with you, in that Leeds as a whole won me over, I loved the whole city and vibe of the university, so that's why I'll put that down as my firm! But hopefully both universities will offer you an applicant visit day, this is where you can go for a day in the life of a student at that uni, if you attend one of them it'll hopefully give you a better idea! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
iammichealjackson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Deeee123)
PLEASE HELP!! I'm pretty undecided between Nottingham and Leeds for Psychology. I have offers for both (both AAB)

The things is, when I went to Leeds open day I absolutely loved it. The vibe, the city, accommodation, sports facilities… pretty much everything.
I also went to the Nottingham open day but I went with a friend, so by the time we got there we only had a couple minutes 'til both our taster lectures started, then we left soon after so only looked at one accommodation (which I didn't actually like)
When I tell people I'm deciding between the two they rave about Nottingham.. so essentially which one do I pick?!

I've done stacks of research & Nottingham proves to be the better uni (for Psychology) but I can't get over how much I loved Leeds.. Would it be bad to turn down the offer from Nottingham?
There isn't a MASSIVE difference between leeds and notts in the league tables, leeds is higher in the complete university guide but not in the gaurdian (http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...s?s=Psychology or http://www.theguardian.com/education...ide-psychology), so i wouldn't base your deicision on this.

Also, looking at one accomodation site won't really help you decide- I wouldn't use this as a basis either- its hard to really get a good idea of what accomodation you will get since quality differs depending on how much you pay.

I think you should pick leeds- you seem as if you really liked it. A lot of this stuff is just gut instinct, i have friends in leeds who seem to be really enjoying themselves.
Deeee123
Rep:
?
(Original post by iammichealjackson)
There isn't a MASSIVE difference between leeds and notts in the league tables, leeds is higher in the complete university guide but not in the gaurdian (http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...s?s=Psychology or http://www.theguardian.com/education...ide-psychology), so i wouldn't base your deicision on this.

Also, looking at one accomodation site won't really help you decide- I wouldn't use this as a basis either- its hard to really get a good idea of what accomodation you will get since quality differs depending on how much you pay.

I think you should pick leeds- you seem as if you really liked it. A lot of this stuff is just gut instinct, i have friends in leeds who seem to be really enjoying themselves.
Thank you for this - didn't think anyone would reply! People keep telling me I should go to Notts again for an 'offer-holder' day just to give myself some closure if I were to pick leeds that it was the right choice, so I'll do that. But yeah, like you say they're so close in the tables.. I should really go with the other factors that sway me. Thank you again
Deeee123
Rep:
?
(Original post by MissDolly96)
I've been to Nottingham and Leeds for psychology too, I loved them too! And in fact, I had the same scenario where I went to Leeds with my family and then Nottingham with my friends! I agree with you, in that Leeds as a whole won me over, I loved the whole city and vibe of the university, so that's why I'll put that down as my firm! But hopefully both universities will offer you an applicant visit day, this is where you can go for a day in the life of a student at that uni, if you attend one of them it'll hopefully give you a better idea! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oooh, well I hope to see you there . Glad to know someone else is in the same boat! But to top of my hard decision, so many people at my 6th form have Leeds as their firm and only a few have Nottingham, and I'd really like to branch away, if I'm honest. Praying I make the right decision!!!
Lyrical Prodigy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nottingham.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University