my sleeping pattern? it's virtually none existant Watch

Solemn Rain
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Earlier in the day, I promised that I will sleep at 12am no question asked straight to sleep, but fast forward and here I am still wide awake like an owl at 3:40AM what's wrong with me and how can I fix this? To say it's depressing is an understatement.
Spaghetti
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Same here. Going to *try* and get up at 10 and then 6 the following day. Yolo

Posted from TSR Mobile
SoftPunch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am staying up whole night on purpose so tomorrow I can fall asleep early and fix my broken sleeping pattern.
HashimKF
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm currently in an erratic sleeping pattern as I'm still on holiday from uni. To get my sleeping pattern on track I set an alarm for the same time every day and make sure I wake up for it. After about a week it will be much easier to wake up and after a month you will wake up a few minutes before your alarm each day
Also do exercise and eat healthily. As long as there isn't an underlying medical issue this should sort your sleep.
ThoughtIsFree
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SoftPunch)
I am staying up whole night on purpose so tomorrow I can fall asleep early and fix my broken sleeping pattern.
hmm i might do that seeing as though i have to get up in 3/4 hours xD
SoftPunch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ThoughtIsFree)
hmm i might do that seeing as though i have to get up in 3/4 hours xD
Yes, same, I need to leave house in 4 hrs :woo:
Taking a hot bath/drinking hot chocolate can make you fall asleep as well
TheBBQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm just gonna be a man and drink coffee till about 8pm so I can sleep at night..
emobambam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have always had problems sleeping.it's torture not being able to fall asleep.I am on ambien now.
ThoughtIsFree
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
oooh i love a shower and hot chocolate before i go to bed :love:
Solemn Rain
Rep:
?
Yes, same, I need to leave house in 4 hrs :woo:
Taking a hot bath/drinking hot chocolate can make you fall asleep as well
5 hours:woo: lucky me! instead of hot chocolate why not drink coffee? My blood will be coffee tomorrow haha which is the best coffee that money can buy? Lol
dreadpiraterach
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have two deadlines next week and for some bizarre reason I get much more work done at night (hence why it's 4:15am and I'm wide awake with my textbook open in front of me). Luckily I'm not back at uni yet so I don't actually have to be up by a certain time, but it's going to be hard to get back into a slightly more normal sleeping pattern when I do go back.
Solemn Rain
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThoughtIsFree)
oooh i love a shower and hot chocolate before i go to bed :love:
I'm going to try that tomorrow! Bath instead of shower I know exactly what to buy tomorrow! thanks for giving me the ideas lol
SoftPunch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kidomo)
5 hours:woo: lucky me! instead of hot chocolate why not drink coffee? My blood will be coffee tomorrow haha which is the best coffee that money can buy? Lol
No I meant because I won't sleep the whole night tomorrow during the day I am gonna be a dead chicken so I will want to go to bed early and I will take a bath and I will drink hot chocolate. However this night to stay up I am gonna drink really concentrated coffee which I am going to make in 20 mins. Story of my life. :borat:
Solemn Rain
Rep:
?
(Original post by dreadpiraterach)
I have two deadlines next week and for some bizarre reason I get much more work done at night (hence why it's 4:15am and I'm wide awake with my textbook open in front of me). Luckily I'm not back at uni yet so I don't actually have to be up by a certain time, but it's going to be hard to get back into a slightly more normal sleeping pattern when I do go back.
Well at least you have a genuine reason for staying up( get more work done) but me, on the other hand, I have no reasons for staying up! I tend to get things done flawlessly during the afternoon/evening then as soon it hits 12am, I become the laziest person in the world! :lol:
Solemn Rain
Rep:
?
No I meant because I won't sleep the whole night tomorrow during the day I am gonna be a dead chicken so I will want to go to bed early and I will take a bath and I will drink hot chocolate. However this night to stay up I am gonna drink really concentrated coffee which I am going to make in 20 mins. Story of my life. :borat:
May I ask what brand of coffee it is? :lol: I'm trying to source the best coffee! Preferably a highly concentrated one.
SoftPunch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
May I ask what brand of coffee it is? :lol: I'm trying to source the best coffee! Preferably a highly concentrated one.
Oh well I crash the coffee beans in the grinding machine. Do you drink instant coffee? I just use lots of beans to make my coffee
MkGuy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
ughhhhh mine is screweddddd, I fell asleep at 11p, which I was happy with, but I woke at 3am and its now 4.40am, I am going to set an alarm for 10am, and if I fall asleep make sure I wake up at that alarm, do some work, and stay up all day. ready for lectures on tuesday!

mmm...I could use my awake time and maybe get started on an essay that has been shoved to the back of my head over the xmas break.
Thai
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
At the 'end' of your day your brain needs to process everything you have learned that day. It starts to move it from your short-term memory into your long-term memory. It will stay on hold until you become inactive, which is when you are choosing to try and sleep. You need to work, unwind and relax before sleeping.
dreadpiraterach
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well at least you have a genuine reason for staying up( get more work done) but me, on the other hand, I have no reasons for staying up! I tend to get things done flawlessly during the afternoon/evening then as soon it hits 12am, I become the laziest person in the world! :lol:
At least you're technically less lazy than the people who are asleep at 12am I tend to procrastinate loads in the day then at night I'm like "oh crap I've not done anything, I shouldn't sleep until I've done something useful". The trouble is by the time I've actually done an amount of work that I'm happy with, I'm too wide awake to actually sleep!
Zadeth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What is a sleeping pattern?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (38)
26.03%
No (108)
73.97%

Watched Threads