Ismaeelakudi98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
When you choose your subjects for the first year of a levels, do you then drop one after the second year? Also I am thinking about choosing Business, Economics, It (ict) and computing. What do people think about these/ Are they good choices? Advice would be much appreciated.
Pedro.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Most people choose 4 as levels then do 3 of them to A level. What are you planning to do at university?
Ismaeelakudi98
Rep:
?
i have no clue yet. Still choosing my a levels
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ismaeelakudi98)
When you choose your subjects for the first year of a levels, do you then drop one after the second year? Also I am thinking about choosing Business, Economics, It (ict) and computing. What do people think about these/ Are they good choices? Advice would be much appreciated.
I probably wouldnt do ict AND computing. I would only do one of them. Then choose another subject in its place.
Holmstock
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The combinations look unusual - how much cross-over is there between Economics and Business Studies, and between ICT and computing? Will universities accept these as four separate subjects?

There is a good summary of the differences between Economics and Business Studies here:

http://www.hmsg.co.uk/en/H_Econ02

and there was a thread about whether it is risky to take both business studies and economics at AS here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2474831
Jkizer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depends on what you want to do.
Ismaeelakudi98
Rep:
?
why should nt i study both IT and COMPUTING. If you want a job using computers and web design and so on, then having both would surely be more help
Holmstock
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ismaeelakudi98)
why should nt i study both IT and COMPUTING. If you want a job using computers and web design and so on, then having both would surely be more help
There is an interesting discussion here (but from 2008):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=735195

about these two A-levels. They certainly do not rule out doing both, but suggest caution in that some universities might not count the ICT A-level.
Pro xi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im studying ICT at a level now and have to say its a bit useless unless your taking a directly related course at uni, if you dont see yourself doing it at uni I wouldn't take it
username877577
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldn't take Business AND Economics! It will confuse you so much

Neither would I take ICT AND computing since even though there isn't much cross over as such, they both are still similar to some extent.

If I were you I would take:

Business/Economics
ICT/Computing
Maths (if you want to do computing)
A essay/humanity subject to have a nice combination?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ismaeelakudi98
Rep:
?
thanks for the help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.55%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (84)
27.81%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (115)
38.08%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (40)
13.25%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.31%

Watched Threads