Student B
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am really stuck on the method part of this ISA. Could anyone please give me a hypothesis and method?
max entropy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You are likely to investigate an endothermic dissolving process. If certain compounds like potassium choride are dissolved in water then the temperature falls - endothermic.

So how about this hypothesis: The higher the mass of potassium cholride added to the water, the lower the temperature gets.

You will need to think about CVs (like vol of water?), IV and DV for your hypothesis.

Hope this helps.
ChemGuy
scrawlx101
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
anything else for the method? really hard to find info on this.
ssingh98
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My variable is sodium nitrate instead of potassium chloride. will temperature increase or decrease for sodium nitrate when it reacts with water. And Why??
scrawlx101
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
why isnt there much to go on?
ssingh98
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
its really hard to find stuff, I have got paper 1 tomorrow, any idea what the questions will be on??
jordansteves
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i have the same, your basically looking for how the size of a injury pack can be reduced and by doing so you can experiment with salt and water. simply take 5 different measurements of salt and pour them in 5 different beakers, add the same amount of water then measure the temperature. look at your results and link it back.
ineedhelp98
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
what was on paper 1??
scrawlx101
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
asks about 2 hypothesis,which was better
perlimnary tests-what did u do to make sure the variable you measured was right?
writing about the method-dont forget units and fair test-dont just say to make it fair say it will affect your results
your asked about variables too

Don't worry trust me.You'll wing it if you planned well
cr7ryan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
is this gcse?
degu111
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Student B)
I am really stuck on the method part of this ISA. Could anyone please give me a hypothesis and method?
Try this
Add three spoonfulls of salt to 25cm cubed of water in a small beaker. Stir with a thermometer and take note of the temperature. Keep adding a higher mass of salt each time and take note of the temperature change.

Hope this helps
degu111
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Student B)
This is the full method I used Hope it helps

Treehouses
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
what if i change the volume of water instead
username1210827
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Has anyone done paper 2? I'm not asking for the questions, just wanted to know how it went as I have paper 2 tomorrow
fizarock22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What is the context?
username1210827
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by fizarock22)
What is the context?
My school gave us a context. Which was just that sports companies could use the results of this investigation to find out the amount of NH4NO3 needed for a sports injury pack
fizarock22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by the-anonymous-me)
My school gave us a context. Which was just that sports companies could use the results of this investigation to find out the amount of NH4NO3 needed for a sports injury pack
Yeah they gave me this as well
KongShou
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So i got 40/50 for this isa desipt being quite good at chemistry and get 90+% regularily in mocks. Is that a good score? Can I still archive an A*?
username1210827
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by KongShou)
So i got 40/50 for this isa desipt being quite good at chemistry and get 90+% regularily in mocks. Is that a good score? Can I still archive an A*?
Well the ISA is only 25% of your overall grade I know someone who got 100 UMS in his ISA and Modules 1&2 so when he walked into module 3 he just needed a C in it to get an A* overall
KongShou
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by the-anonymous-me)
Well the ISA is only 25% of your overall grade I know someone who got 100 UMS in his ISA and Modules 1&2 so when he walked into module 3 he just needed a C in it to get an A* overall

So it doesn't drag your mark down a lot like my teacher said? It is just part of the average?

Which means that I can still get an A*?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.52%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (28)
11.29%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
22.98%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.1%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.85%

Watched Threads