The Student Room Group

is 4 foot 6 bad for a girl

so im 17 and im short but is it bad for a girl to be 4 foot 6 :frown: Im really sad I though I was at least 4 foot 8 but im not will guys like it that ur short I hate life

Scroll to see replies

Everyone's different...and there's some very small guys out there that would probably be delighted to find someone smaller than them! Don't let it knock your confidence - it's your most valuable asset. :smile:
Original post by holasenorita1
so im 17 and im short but is it bad for a girl to be 4 foot 6 :frown: Im really sad I though I was at least 4 foot 8 but im not will guys like it that ur short I hate life

I wouldn't call your height bad-I know plenty of girls around the 5 foot mark and less who are absolutely beautiful and get attention from many guys... speaking as an 18 year old and referring to girls in my year. It certainly doesn't seem to negatively affect them.
(edited 10 years ago)
Some people will find it really nice :smile:

Spoiler

yh i would i would want my girlfriend to be that height, so i can pick her up throw her around and play with her lol. and i am close to 6 foot
It's no problem at all, I've only ever dated short-ish girls and I would imagine many people would prefer short over tall any day. They're awesome :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
You guys all cheered me up :smile: :smile: :smile: thanku read every single one and smiled
Reply 7
Original post by mrdetermination
yh i would i would want my girlfriend to be that height, so i can pick her up throw her around and play with her lol. and i am close to 6 foot

you seriously made my day I laughed :smile: :smile: u had the best answer
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by vincentasaurus
It's no problem at all, I've only ever dated short-ish girls and I would imagine many people would prefer short over tall any day. They're awesome :smile:

Thankyou made my day :smile:
yes, people would mistake you for a child and i'd look like a paedophile
Original post by Are you Shaw?
yes, people would mistake you for a child and i'd look like a paedophile

I know at u mean lol
I personally wouldnt go out with a girl of that height as im 6'2 and your 4'6. Theres 1'8 difference and it would make me look like a pedophile. But theres plenty of shoort guys who would love to have a girlfriend of that height. Most of my friends are below 5'10 so it should be okay for you.
(edited 10 years ago)
4'6 seems really, really tiny..
Original post by Anonymous
4'6 seems really, really tiny..

well thanks considering I was premature
Technically you're a dwarf...
well thanks considering I was premature

well even so, you shouldn't be affected aged 17.
Reply 16
Well, whether or not men are okay with your height (although I suspect a lot of you don't know just how short 4' 6 is - the average in the UK is 5' 4) being 4' 6" as an adult is really abnormal, and probably indicative of a health problem. The good news is that you're 17, so you're probably still growing :h:
would not worry about it, lots of guys like having a girl that is shorter than them so it's good :smile:
Original post by FutureHeartSurg
I wouldn't call your height bad-I know plenty of girls around the 5 foot mark and less who are absolutely beautiful and get attention from many guys... speaking as an 18 year old and referring to girls in my year. It certainly doesn't seem to negatively affect them.

theres quite a difference between 5ft though and 4ft6. Im glad its not that big of a deal to guys as im short too.

OP to give you a bit of hope I knew a girl who had a growth spurt when she was 17/18 and grew taller up to age 20. She thinks its because her growth was stunted as a kid her mum would only give her certain meals she was a very strict vegatarian. Eitherway as guys have said being short doesnt seem to be an hinderance for females. I will have to blame my lack of relationships on something else lol. But yea if people are telling you its not a big deal listen to them :smile:

In life people like to put others down for allsorts so don't put yourself down be confident!
Original post by YourDeath
I personally wouldnt go out with a girl of that height as im 6'2 and your 4'6. Theres 1'8 difference and it would make me look like a pedophile.

Don't be soft! If you bother about what others think you wont get far. People date dwarves.

Quick Reply

Latest