The Student Room Group

Is this rude or is it proof people are justified in disliking me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Riku
Thanks :smile: I try to do that with people closer to me (as I've made the mistake with my girlfriend before today even…), it's more difficult with people less close to me because I don't know if we even have the foundations of a relationship yet.
Old habits die hard I guess!

With people less close to you, it might actually be easier- because you know them less well there's even less chance that you can guess why they do something. And if someone you don't know very well really doesn't seem to be interested in a friendship, as hard as it is, just try and forget it. You don't want to be spending so much time thinking about someone who's probably not sparing you a second thought, do you? They're not worth your time.
Reply 21
Original post by Riku
Reiterating the point in OP…

This makes me wonder whether I just have massive gaping character flaws which have made her/most people dislike me. We're not even that close so she shouldn't know about all that, maybe it's just blindingly obvious.
For example, was it not Liked because it was too negative? Was I whining about having to do coursework? I don't get it. I just apologised that I can't come because I have to do work, I'm gutted but that's the way it is and a deadline's a deadline (I didn't say the 'life's a bitch sometimes but it could be worse' part to her anyway, I said that to myself!), I hope she and everyone else has a great time, and left it at that. I would have thought that's not whining? Yet I feel like it is.

Your comment was fine. Alternative options, Riku! She most likely missed your post, or didn't click hard enough or something. You'll worry yourself over nothing.
Reply 22
Us women work in mysterious ways!

Posted from TSR Mobile
overthinking
I really think you're reading too much into this.

There was nothing wrong with your post.

She invited you to her party so she can't think you're a bad person. Wanting to spend time with someone on your birthday is a bigger indicator of how you feel about them than a like on facebook. She probably missed your post or forgot to like it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending