P90X or Insanity? Watch

BaileyFaye
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Which is better for weight loss P90X or Insanity?

I'm 5'2" and 167lbs so I'm looking to lose 50lbs
Shawshank
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Flip a coin.

Then do neither.
brent_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BaileyFaye)
Which is better for weight loss P90X or Insanity?

I'm 5'2" and 167lbs so I'm looking to lose 50lbs
If you're an athlete and play sports such as football, basketball, rugby etc. Insanity would be the one but for weight loss, P90X is better. (I've tried both so I know how it feels haha)
Hype en Ecosse
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I honestly wouldn't recommend either of them. You can get just as good a workout for free; P90X and Insanity are products. Sure, they work as long as you have a good diet, but if you're looking to make a genuine lifestyle change, then just getting into a regular exercise routine and decreasing your caloric intake is the way to go. Health isn't something that's created in 90 or 60 days.

For losing weight, as long as you eat less calories than you burn throughout the day, then you'll lose weight. There aren't any magic secrets. If you eat less, or exercise more, you'll be at a relative caloric deficit compared to where you were before. If you get to the point where you're burning more calories than you're intaking through your diet, you'll start to lose weight. The problem I have with these sorts of products is that weight loss is a marathon, but these are products to be sold to try to get fast results to try to sell more products - they treat it as a sprint.
VannR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Insanity is based around high-intensity interval training (HIIT), a method of exercise that uses short intervals of intense exercise with very short breaks in between. You push as hard as you possibly can during the exercises and rest as much as you can, quickly, when taking a breather. The gains are linked directly to how hard you can push your body.

Unless you have gained some cardiovascular fitness prior (like I did) before doing Insanity, you will find that you will not be able to safely, reach the exercise level required to see those fantastic results they advertise. I know this for a fact. I did the full 2-month program after running 5-7 miles over hills, 3-4 times a week for 3 months, and let me tell you, the effort required to keep up was immense. My results were good (not advert good - I did not do the diet), but I was already quite fit beforehand.

You want to lose 50lbs? Start with dieting and lighter exercise. This will get your weight down to point where you can use more advanced workout programs such as Insanity to tone up and get that "beach body" by the summer.
VannR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Insanity is based around high-intensity interval training (HIIT), a method of exercise that uses short intervals of intense exercise with very short breaks in between. You push as hard as you possibly can during the exercises and rest as much as you can, quickly, when taking a breather. The gains are linked directly to how hard you can push your body.

Unless you have gained some cardiovascular fitness prior (like I did) before doing Insanity, you will find that you will not be able to safely, reach the exercise level required to see those fantastic results they advertise. I know this for a fact. I did the full 2-month program after running 5-7 miles over hills, 3-4 times a week for 3 months, and let me tell you, the effort required to keep up was immense. My results were good (not advert good - I did not do the diet), but I was already quite fit beforehand.

You want to lose 50lbs? Start with dieting and lighter exercise. This will get your weight down to point where you can use more advanced workout programs such as Insanity to tone up and get that "beach body" by the summer.
kevinkrieger
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Best is to evaluate both and compared to your overall exercise aptitude and goals.
KingGym
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You wont get much from the programs if your not already fit and got a decent diet.
140BPM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
^ That guy is right about the diet, but you can definitely get fit from doing it. I've tried both and I'd say P90X is easier for beginners. Insanity seems more targeted towards weight loss, which is good to move on to. If you were thinking about actually buying them, I'd say buy neither. There's many ways (that I won't mention) that you can get them for free
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (69)
7.97%
I used to but I don't now (24)
2.77%
No, but I want to start (319)
36.84%
No, I am unable to (220)
25.4%
No, I chose not to (234)
27.02%