The Student Room Group

A Questionaire to get to know people

So I thought it would be cool to get to know the wonderful people here at TSR and get a sense of what their personality is like. So I post this questionaire I found.

1. What is your country of birth?
2. What is your current country of residence?
3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like.
4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any.
5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…)
6. What are your favorite foods (by category)?
7. What is your favorite word?
8. What is your least favorite word?
9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
10. What turns you off?
11. What are your favorite books?
12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers?
13. Who are your favorite painters?
14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction?
15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life?
16. Who are your favorite characters in history?
17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? musician, phsyciatric nurse,
18 In what country other than your own would you like to live?
19. What is your idea of earthly happiness?
20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
21. What do you value most in your friends?
22. What natural gift would you most like to possess?
23. How would you like to die?
24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
25. What is your motto?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
here are my answers

1. What is your country of birth? USA
2. What is your current country of residence? USA
3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5feet 5 inches
5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely&#8230:wink: casual
6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? choclolate!!! cake!!!
7. What is your favorite word? How dare the monkey bamboozle me!!! ---Yeah its got to be bamboozle. Lackidazical is good too. And SQUEEEE!!!!
8. What is your least favorite word? diameter, every time someone starts to say this word I always think they are about to say Diane. Especially frightening in math class when I am not paying attention.
9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? music, writing, literature, film, cultural diversity
10. What turns you off? toilet humor
11. What are your favorite books? Mrs. Dalloway---Virginia Wohlf, Rising Sun----Michael Craeton (sp.) as well as his Timeline, Twilight Eyes----Dean Koontz, And there was Light ---Jacques Lusseyran
12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Theodore Roethke (Papa's Waltz), Emily Dickinson, E. A Poe, Catullua, Martial, Cesar, Michael Craeton,
13. Who are your favorite painters? Auguste Renoir, some Salvador Dali, Van Gogh
14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Jesus...haha just kidding...ahhh...John O' Conner (I think was his name) from rising Sun, the detective dude.
15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Bush...again just kidding... there aren't very many heroes oh I like Jacques Lusseyran
16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Tzars and Tzarinas of Russia (Peter the Great, Catherine the Great, Ivan the Terrible, Nicholai and Alexandria, etc.), the Roman emperors (of course) and generals (Caligula, Claudius, Cesar, Marcus Antonius, Marcus Publis Sulla, Hannibal, Nero, Domition, Augustus, Constantine, etc.), Mary Tudor I, King HenryVIII, Charlemagne, Robespierre, Jacques Lussyran, Babaji, Bach, Rimsky- Korsocoff, tchaikovsky (oh know I'm getting into the composers) theres just too many of them. I love history.
17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? musician, phsyciatric nurse,
18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? England/ UK
19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? its the simplicity in life, not the materially focused life that would make me happy, stability
20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? When you can't stand the person who is in the mirror
21. What do you value most in your friends? their loyallty, love, and knowing that they are the only ones of their kind in the world
22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? musicality coming easily to me
23. How would you like to die? The happiest I've ever been
24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I resign to the post of God. You are now God(dess). Oh that would be stupor!!
25. What is your motto?
Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.
Chance favors the bold
Reply 2
1. What is your country of birth? UK
2. What is your current country of residence? UK
3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5ft11
4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any.None
5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely&#8230:wink:
6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Chinese
7. What is your favorite word? ****
8. What is your least favorite word? random
9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? creativity, sprituality and emotions
10. What turns you off? The zapper
11. What are your favorite books? The Great Escape, Harry Potter, Narnia
12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Pass
13. Who are your favorite painters? Pass
14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? None
15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? None
16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Martin Luther King was the man
17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Musician, preferably in a ska punk band
18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Somewhere English-speaking
19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Pass
20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Depression
21. What do you value most in your friends? That they are individual people
22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? It would be really cool if I could be invisible at will
23. How would you like to die? Painlessly
24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome, have a beer.
25. What is your motto? None
3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5feet 7inches sommat like that
5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Funky have to keep in fashion lol
6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? chocolate! Eggs!
7. What is your favorite word? Pleb
8. What is your least favorite word? No
9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? lots of things
10. What turns you off? Sad gay jokes
11. What are your favorite books? All the harry potter books lol
12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? J.K.Rowling
13. Who are your favorite painters? Dont know
14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Non
15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Julia Roberts
16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Dont know any lol
17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?Writer
18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? America
19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Just for everything to be simple
20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? When you even contamplate suicide
21. What do you value most in your friends? How much i can trust them and how much ilove them to bits
22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Wish i could sing lol
23. How would you like to die? Quick
24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Cant ever believe that such a place that exsists so no idea
25. What is your motto?
Make the most of the time you have with people because you never know when they arr gonna go and drop dead on ya
Reply 4
3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5ft 8 1/2
5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) I'm kinda weirdly but functionally dressed, slightly conventional. Right now I'm in long dark denim jeans that are straight down, a layered cream ra ra skirt covered in multi coloured polka dots, a vest top with like doodles on the front and embroidered colour and a black cardigan.
6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Probably Chinese, Roast or Italian Salad
7. What is your favorite word? Shizzle or fabbo, maybe hot or cute
8. What is your least favorite word? horny, deep penetration or fanny-- they're all so crude
9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Turns me on? I am interested in people, people's lifes and cultures and the media. Emotionally I am most sensitive to people's family situation.
10. What turns you off? Politics or sports, I just don't enjoy them that much. Oh and documentaries.
11. What are your favorite books? Probably girlie chick lit or a book called Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah, Bridget Jones Diary
12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Sophie Kinsella, Meg Cabot or Cecelia Ahorn
13. Who are your favorite painters? I don't really have a favourite painter, I love Andy Goldsworthy's work although I don't know what category that is
14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Probably Mia from Princess Diaries or Bridget Jones
15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? The suffragettes or Nelly Furtardo, Shakira
16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Queen Victoria
17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Like running my own cafe/pub/bookshop
18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Dubai, Greece or Canada
19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Being satisfied with what you have an settled
20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Feeling or knowing you have nothing worthwhile, I've been there as well
21. What do you value most in your friends? The ability to care for me when i need them but also have a complete laugh and bring me back into reality. Plus being sexy!
22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Beauty
23. How would you like to die? Choking on a FAT slice of chocolate cake
24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Dude, there were moments when I thought that girl is making trouble but then I realised that despite you ****ing up the rules of basically every single religion existing you're a good person so come right in.
25. What is your motto? Live life hard.
Reply 5
England.

England.

3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like.
5'11

Few millimetres of stubble long enough to be called a beard.

5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…)
Aren't these past two questions a bit sexist?

Pizza, those tortilla wrap things you get in cheap chicken shops that rip off KFC.

Snohomish - it's a town in America. Just sounds cool.

Wart. Dunno, just sounds oddly not nice.

Film mostly.

10. What turns you off?
Dumb American TV shows (not saying they're all bad - just the particularly dumb ones).

Dead Famous. High Society. Fight Club. Tietam Brown.

Ben Elton. Don't have a favourite poet, really.

Never really liked paintings.

Martin Riggs/Roger Murtaugh. They f'n rule. I'd love to have them in my local police force.

I don't really know. Anyone that has changed the world for the better.

Freud.

17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Considering I'm probably going to end up in something revolving around film/writing, another profession I'd like to attempt is being a solicitor - just seems cool trying to get people out of trouble:p: .

18. In what country other than your own would you like to live?
Austrailia.

Cuddling the love of your life all night after a great party and then having a lazy day full of nothing the next day to recover from the hangover together.

Having no-one to turn to. Things will always be okay if there's at least one person to turn to.

Sincereity.

Being able to draw people/animals.

Spectacularly.

24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
"This is gonna be the best time of the rest of your life."

25. What is your motto?
Do stuff if/when you think it's right, not when other people do.
Why is the OP a warned post?
Reply 7
For posting in the wrong forum.
BlackHawk
For posting in the wrong forum.

Ahh. I hope for the sake of continuity, that you warned the people who asked about rep and Cambridge, who in all honesty had much clearer forums to post in rather the the OP?
Reply 9
sophisti_kate
Ahh. I hope for the sake of continuity, that you warned the people who asked about rep and Cambridge, who in all honesty had much clearer forums to post in rather the the OP?

totally agree
I checked the other threads, and it seems they were not warned. Hmm.
sophisti_kate
I checked the other threads, and it seems they were not warned. Hmm.

Sometimes we decide that it's better not to warn. This isn't the first time the OP has put stuff in the wrong forum.

Unless, of course, these posts you talk about weren't even seen by the mods, in which case, report them! People seem to think we read everything and that the report post button is redundant, or something. If a post is missed by us and not reported, there's not much we can do about it..
haha.. he got this from WR forums.
I answered that there..
Reply 13

3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5'8

5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Funky

6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Indian/Turkish

7. What is your favorite word? Antidisestablishmentarianism.. :rolleyes:

8. What is your least favorite word? whatever/dude/man/wassup/seen

9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Music, films, media

10. What turns you off? Documentaries

A child called It by Dave Pelzer
The lost boy by Dave Pelzer
A man named Dave by Dave Pelzer
Harry potter books by J.K Rowling
Jane Austen books

12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Dave Pelzer/J.K Rowling/Jane Austen

13. Who are your favorite painters? No idea

14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Elizabeth Bennett

15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and his wives. Other Prophets.

16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Martin Luther king/Malcolm x/Princess Diana/Mohandes Ghandhi/Jane Austen

17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? musician, phsyciatric nurse. Writer/Secret Agent :ninja:

18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Canada/New Zealand

19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? World peace

20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Boredom

21. What do you value most in your friends? Honesty/Loyalty/Courage

22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Patience

25. What is your motto? Fight for the right to be free
Engerland! (home of the fervent footie fans)
Engerland! (home of the chavs)
5ft 5. Yay! Although am aiming for 5ft 6...
5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely&#8230:wink:
Hmmm.... sweet? I try, but only get looked at by odd guys. *sigh*
6. What are your favourite foods (by category)?
Probably cheese, then chocolate.
7. What is your favourite word?
Meh. Says it all really, I'm an apathetic type person.
Innit.
Tenderness, obvious attachment.
10. What turns you off?
Using coarse words :p:
Bill Bryson ones :biggrin: Oh and of course, Harry Potter.
Keats, Wordsworth... and Bryson :p:
DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT ART.
Leitha and Emmy, from 'The Redemption of Althalus'
Anyone who can bravely stand up for what they believe in in the face of any danger.

Eccentric royals.
I would love to try being in the Army, on the front line.
An East-Asian country... perhaps China or Japan
Having people who you know love you.
When you are alone and detested by all.
Honesty and patience.
Empathy. I've been told that I am, but I'm not sure myself... I would love to know how people feel.
Either peacefully, but knowing, or dying in defence of someone.
Bugger off. :p: No, actually probably just 'Welcome'.
25. What is your motto?
What is meant to be will be.
Scotland!!
Scotland
5 foot 4 i believe
Casual really :smile:
Chinese or Italian
I have never really thought of one... but funkalicious is quite groovy
Crave. I just hate it
Nice, funny, genuine people
10. What turns you off?
Suck-ups
Any thrillers or crimey things
Ian Rankin
Patricia Cornwell
Um... Van Gogh?
Hermione Granger :p:
Haha... I dunno, I like Yossarian
People who triumph against bad stuff and don't write a tell all book to make millions after
I can never think of any when asked, but I do admire people. Mary Queen of Scots maybe?
Doctor
Spy!
Police detective
Ireland, Canada
Total contentment :p:
When all you can think of is your own problems
I don't know... their trust... loyalty... honesty?
Super intelligience! And maybe a sporting talent?
Peacefully, painlessly and in about 100 years.
I didn't do anything that bad
25. What is your motto?
You only live once...? I dont have a motto
England.

The Philippines/England.

5"4

my full length beard!!

i wear what i think looks good on me.

french food, chinese food, japanese food, filipino food, just food.

WENCH. lovely insult.

proactive. it makes me want to slit my throat.

everything.

10. What turns you off?
the main power switch lever i have on my back.

lolita, vernon god little, eva luna, a clockwork orange, trainspotting, fear and loathing in lv

authors of the above ^^

omg. i have so many. frida kahlo, lucien freud (he's an alumni of the college i'm going to be attending!!!!), aya takano, mark ryden, egon schiele, paula rego, goya. there are loads more, but i am teh lazy.

lolita maybe. alex de large is also amazing!!! dr. gonzo most definitely. vernon from vernon god little. apu.

lucien freud, neil buchanan :biggrin: kofi anan and nelson mandela are pretty cool. frida kahlo for her stamina and expression. lots of people. thom yorke. billy corgan. jimi hendrix.

this guy http://www.fecalface.com/artists/corey_arnold/living-chris.gif

i'm a student. i'd want to be an artist or a curator. it'd be pretty cool if i was a dj as well. i've got some virtual decks that i've been playing with. i'd also like to be in an amazing band, not necessarily a popular one. i want to take up guitar. i've picked one up and learned about 3 songs within a week of touching it, so that's a possibility. concert violinist would be nice as well.

18. In what country other than your own would you like to live?
somewhere in south america.

peace of mind which i never seem to be able to achieve regardless of my efforts. also, being able to make other people happy.

having no one to empathise with/understand you. wanting to die. this is how i feel when i am sad: http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs7/i/2005/212/d/7/depression___self_portrait_by_demented_bunny.jpg

friendship. in my previous school, it was hard to find a real friend, so real friendship is something i value a lot. plus, i'm not very good at making new friends :p:

good at sport. sport is great fun and i love playing it, but i'm just not very good!

young and with a bang. the greeks said that the good die young.

"LMAO".

25. What is your motto?
i like to snort glitter.
Reply 17
1. What is your country of birth? Australia
3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 183cm, 6'
5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely&#8230:wink: Very, thankyou
6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? All. Except banana
7. What is your favorite word? perfunctory
8. What is your least favorite word? gash
9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? books and music
10. What turns you off? chavs
11. What are your favorite books? too many!
12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? BIll Bryson, Clive James, Hardy
13. Who are your favorite painters? Glover, Klimt
14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Tess!
15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? None. There are no heroes, only exceptional people
16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Mata Hari!!
17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Property Development
18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? UAE, Italy
19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Gin and tonic, ciggie, bubble bath and good book
20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Poverty of ambition, and even worse, wanting to be a Page 3 Girl
21. What do you value most in your friends? Honesty and loyalty
22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? To be able to play the piano as well as my uncle did.
23. How would you like to die? In my sleep, of heart failure
24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? What are you doing here?
25. What is your motto You have to read the library before you pick your favourite book.
1. What is your country of birth? England
2. What is your current country of residence? England
3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5ft 3 ish
5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) not very,loli wear jeans,converse,band tees
6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? roast potatoes,sausages
7. What is your favorite word? lollipop,it sounds funny,lol
8. What is your least favorite word? gob
10. What turns you off? chavs,rude people
11. What are your favorite books? Harry Potter, Deep Secret by Berlie Doherty
12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Celia Rees,Sarra Manning
13. Who are your favorite painters? favourite artists are Bridget Riley, Victor Vasarely
14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Angel, Buffy the vampire slayer
15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Batman :tongue:
16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Rasputin,he's quite interesting but also wierd,lol
17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? something psychological, murdered profiler:P
18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Gibraltor
19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? contenment
20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? suicidal tendencies
21. What do you value most in your friends? they make me laugh,and make me forget about whats been bothering me
22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? telepathic and telekinesis ability,:tongue:
23. How would you like to die? with someone i love
24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? vampires are real, you have been chosen as a Vampire Slayer (and then send me back down to earth)lol
25. What is your motto? Fisty cuffs solves everything,lol
Reply 19
1. What is your country of birth? England
2. What is your current country of residence? England
3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5ft2
5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely&#8230:wink: Random
6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? I don't really have one
7. What is your favorite word? Transient
8. What is your least favorite word? Subsequently
9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Intelligence
10. What turns you off? Bad Teeth
11. What are your favorite books? Harry Potter (yes I know i'm studying English
12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers?Shakespeare and Keats
13. Who are your favorite painters? Cezanne
14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Harry, Ron and Hermione hahaha
15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Florence Nightingale
16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Elizabeth I
17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? musician, phsyciatric nurse, Brain Surgeon
18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Scotland
19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Love
20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Lonliness
21. What do you value most in your friends?The ability to listen
22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? The ability to sing
23. How would you like to die? In my sleep
24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Do you want to live again?
25. What is your motto?Every man for themselves.