The Student Room Group

Just friendly banter?

If you're best friend, who happens to be of the opposite sex, is always ''mean'' to you and vice verca, calls you a ''****'' and prick and stuff like that. Is it just banter or something else? We both laugh and take it as a joke.:smile:
Are you a guy?

Your best friend is a girl. She is mean to you and insults you all the time and you just laugh?

If what you are really wondering is does she fancy you then I can assure you the answer is no.
Depends really. I curse a lot of guys and it's just banter!

Me and my best friend call each other names and again it's just banter. Does he /she show any other possible indications?
Reply 3
Either he/she is incredibly sexually frustrated and wants to plow you, or he/she actually thinks you're a prick.
Reply 4
One of my male friends was into banter and at one point started to randomly insult me but I know he didn't mean it. I fancied him for a while, but he was completely naive to it, so I started calling him a hoe/whore. Now he's a gay whore. Whoda thunk?
Reply 5
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Are you a guy?

Your best friend is a girl. She is mean to you and insults you all the time and you just laugh?

If what you are really wondering is does she fancy you then I can assure you the answer is no.

Sorry my English isn't that good I'm not from UK, what I meant was we both do it to each other, and both of us know it's a joke :biggrin: I just meant is this normal for friends to do?

Original post by phunky_fresh
Depends really. I curse a lot of guys and it's just banter!

Me and my best friend call each other names and again it's just banter. Does he /she show any other possible indications?

No not really, were just good friends and I don't like her like that anyway :smile: I was just asking if this meant anything, I.e is it only close friends who do this or anyone. Do you only do it with guys you trust?

Original post by Ken321
Either he/she is incredibly sexually frustrated and wants to plow you, or he/she actually thinks you're a prick.

Haha well we talk a lot so surely avoiding me would be easier :wink:
Original post by Orthonym
One of my male friends was into banter and at one point started to randomly insult me but I know he didn't mean it. I fancied him for a while, but he was completely naive to it, so I started calling him a hoe/whore. Now he's a gay whore. Whoda thunk?

Hahahahaha, woops :smile:
Nope. Literally any guy I know more or less. I usually test the waters to see how they react first, most of the time it continues :-)
Reply 7
Nope. Literally any guy I know more or less. I usually test the waters to see how they react first, most of the time it continues :-)

How strong though? She isn't like that with anyone else apart from me, I've noticed this.
Original post by Anonymous
How strong though? She isn't like that with anyone else apart from me, I've noticed this.

Could it be because you guys are so close
Reply 9
Could it be because you guys are so close

Maybe, we are fairly close. The whole point of this thread was to find out if this "banter" means we are close, as is this what others do with their close friends of opposite sex?

Apologise again my English isn't that good because I'm not from the UK.
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe, we are fairly close. The whole point of this thread was to find out if this "banter" means we are close, as is this what others do with their close friends of opposite sex?

Apologise again my English isn't that good because I'm not from the UK.

Ok I thought when you asked "could it be something else?" You were asking if maybe your friend has feelings for you.
So yes it's probably because of the bond you have with her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending