sunny103
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I want to transfer abroad into my 2nd year.

Do you know any cheaper universities in the US or Canada? But still good and reputable?
Thanks
zero_gravity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sunny103)
I want to transfer abroad into my 2nd year.

Do you know any cheaper universities in the US or Canada? But still good and reputable?
Thanks
Hi there.

First of all, I believe you should tell us which program you would like to transfer to. It's really hard to tell you which universities are cheap, since it also depends on the program you are applying for.

Generally, Canadian universities are cheaper than American universities, but if you are qualified for financial aid and scholarships, it would be a good idea to check out some colleges in the U.S. before considering going to a university in Canada.
sunny103
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by zero_Gravity91)
Hi there.

First of all, I believe you should tell us which program you would like to transfer to. It's really hard to tell you which universities are cheap, since it also depends on the program you are applying for.

Generally, Canadian universities are cheaper than American universities, but if you are qualified for financial aid and scholarships, it would be a good idea to check out some colleges in the U.S. before considering going to a university in Canada.
For financial aid in the U.S- don't you have to be good at sports or something? Would I have to complete an extra year there?
zero_gravity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sunny103)
For financial aid in the U.S- don't you have to be good at sports or something? Would I have to complete an extra year there?
Well, first of all, it depends on the college and the amount of financial aid they would allocate to you. Of course, if they see that you are a potential asset to their sports team, then they would offer scholarships to you. Now, if you aren't an athletic person, then I'm afraid you wouldn't have a good chance of getting that full scholarship, but if you do get accepted into the Ivey League colleges, then I can assure you that you will have a good chance of getting a good amount of financial aid, despite still having to pay a ton of money for your tuition fees.

Now, given that you have completed your A-levels, technically they will give you transfer credits for the courses that you take, as long as it is useful towards your degree. This means you will have the chance to go to second year, provided that you have fulfilled the course requirement for first year. However, this is not at all guaranteed, as it varies between each institution and what they require for their first year students. At the same time, you will receive a few credits if you do receive a good mark on your A-levels.

As for transferring, I don't know enough to answer that question, but I would say chances are that you will receive a few credits for the courses that are equivalent to their requirements.

Hope that helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.57%
I'm not sure (16)
3.53%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (153)
33.77%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.77%
I'm not a current university student (210)
46.36%

Watched Threads