Abstain (19)
46.34%
This discussion is closed.
Jarred
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
VM221 - Hunting Act 2004 Motion, The Hon. barnetlad MPThis House notes that 2014 will be the tenth anniversary of the passage of the Hunting Act 2004, and believes that the act should remain on the statute book and not be repealed.
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No.
miser
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I find it difficult to see anyone in favour of a repeal as anything but heartless.
Saoirse:3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've abstained not because I don't agree with the content, but because I don't think there is any need for Parliament to be saying it doesn't believe something should be repealed.
Birchington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Saoirse:3)
I've abstained not because I don't agree with the content, but because I don't think there is any need for Parliament to be saying it doesn't believe something should be repealed.
I completely agree, and have also abstained.
Cheese_Monster
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
No.

(Original post by miser)
I find it difficult to see anyone in favour of a repeal as anything but heartless.
I agree. Why do you say no meenu? Are you pro-hunting?
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Cheese_Monster)
I agree. Why do you say no meenu? Are you pro-hunting?
I am neither. I just think it is one of issues where the Government shouldn't be telling people what they can/ cannot do.
LETSJaM
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Nay. Foxes regardless; it is a godawful piece of legislation. If you're going to legislate on this; do it properly!

<3 x
Cheese_Monster
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
I am neither. I just think it is one of issues where the Government shouldn't be telling people what they can/ cannot do.
No this is completely the opposite. Why should any human have the right to take an animals' life for sport?

Posted from TSR Mobile
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No. The government shouldn't intervene. If people want to hunt then they need to be allowed to.
Cheese_Monster
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by nebelbon)
No. The government shouldn't intervene. If people want to hunt then they need to be allowed to.
Why? If I want to hunt you, should I be allowed to purely on the basis of preference? The libertarian argument is unfounded, you should not be allowed to do anything you want to do. You should be allowed to do anything that does not harm the liberty or livelihood of others, human or animal.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why? If I want to hunt you, should I be allowed to purely on the basis of preference? The libertarian argument is unfounded, you should not be allowed to do anything you want to do. You should be allowed to do anything that does not harm the liberty or livelihood of others, human or animal.
Ridiculous. Hunting has been a part of life for thousands of years and in many countries today still is. Hunting is part of the group of things that anybody should be allowed to do.
Cheese_Monster
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ridiculous. Hunting has been a part of life for thousands of years and in many countries today still is. Hunting is part of the group of things that anybody should be allowed to do.
Simply using a declarative doesn't provide you with an argument, the onus is on you to explain what right any human has to take a life for pleasure? It doesn't matter if it is a practice that Tories love to do when they're not shooting the poor, cultural practices do not excuse the inhumanity of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Simply using a declarative doesn't provide you with an argument, the onus is on you to explain what right any human has to take a life for pleasure? It doesn't matter if it is a practice that Tories love to do when they're not shooting the poor, cultural practices do not excuse the inhumanity of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh no Tories shooting the poor, not an exaggeration at all. Many Cultural practices today are inhumane, yet you have no issue against them because of your liberal agenda. You're very hypocritical.
Cheese_Monster
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh no Tories shooting the poor, not an exaggeration at all. Many Cultural practices today are inhumane, yet you have no issue against them because of your liberal agenda. You're very hypocritical.
Hypocritical? Can you give me an example of something I'm not against that makes me that way? Of course the above is an exaggeration, I'm just struggling to see why you and those who think it is OK to hunt and kill another life see any justification bar that old reference to 'tradition'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jarred
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
The Ayes to the right: 15
The Noes to the left: 7
Abstentions: 19

So the Ayes have it, the Ayes have it. Unlock.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (21)
18.58%
I'm not sure (2)
1.77%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (32)
28.32%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.65%
I'm not a current university student (55)
48.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise