The Student Room Group

College vs. Sixth Form...

I was wondering if I should go to college or sixth form. I'm a very independent, but social person and I'm up for new experiences....this is the bridging part occurring before I attend university and I want it to be a really enjoyable two years....so what would you say; College or Sixth Form?

xoxo
You'll liaise with more intelligent people at Sixth Form on average (depending on your area). College is less formal and more relaxed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KenzieFantie
I was wondering if I should go to college or sixth form. I'm a very independent, but social person and I'm up for new experiences....this is the bridging part occurring before I attend university and I want it to be a really enjoyable two years....so what would you say; College or Sixth Form?

xoxo

sixth form is probably best if your considering university as i think college is more learning a specific area to go into a job where as sixth form is more focused in getting a good university application and getting a higher education in 4 specific areas to take on or two on at uni- it really depends what you want out of your education
Reply 3
Original post by Interstellar
You'll liaise with more intelligent people at Sixth Form on average (depending on your area). College is less formal and more relaxed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would be going to the sixth form from my school, so I would know all the same people as our two schools are top priority....only forty other students are excepted outside of school.

The college I have applied for is getting the same results as my sixth form, but I'm still undecided??

xoxo
Reply 4
I would like to add that I would be doing A-Level's either way as its an A-Level college!!
xoxo
also sixth form requires alot of dedication, where as college gives me the impression you can slack for a term and still get good grades whereas if you do that in sixth form youll most likely get get a U :smile:
Reply 6
I would always pick College. I have friends who went to my past school's sixth form, and the say that the teachers treat them like they are still in Year 11 - a.k.a like kids. In college you call your tutors by their first name. They have as much respect for you as you do for them, and they don't baby you. Instead, you're expected to manage you're own workload and be responsible, and not come crying to them if you've lost a piece of work.

Sixth form however, do baby you and will treat you, like I said, as if you're still in Year 11. The upside to Sixth form is that if you go to you're own school's sixth form, then you know the teachers and the students already.

You also make a lot of new friends in college, and those 'cliques' in school, fade away. 90% are mature in college..

Quick Reply

Latest