The Student Room Group

Philosophy of Religion June 2013 paper? (RST3B)

Hiii everyone, well for some reason on the aqa site there are only past papers for the A2 philosophy of religion exam in june and not january, and so I only have access to 3 past papers for this exam :/ If anyone did this exam, do you remember what the questions for religious language and body, soul and personal identity were about? thankyou :smile:

in june 2013 :smile:
There wasn't any a2 January exams for Religious Studies put together, i'm having the same problem only in January i found out my teacher put me in the A2 exams because she believes ill do good in them, even though i'm doing the AS ones. But trying to find questions on RST3B and RST4A is doing my head in, but what i do is make them up because most of them are quite the same. If you dont mind me asking what did you get at AS and do you have any tips to revise!!
Philosophical Investigations (current website: http://www.philosophicalinvestigations.co.uk/) will be launching it's new website soon, on it will be a table demonstrating the questions that have come up each year for the AQA exams. Also nearer the time they do an analyse of what's most likely to come up in the exam which is pretty sweet :smile:
Original post by JohnnyFranklin
There wasn't any a2 January exams for Religious Studies put together, i'm having the same problem only in January i found out my teacher put me in the A2 exams because she believes ill do good in them, even though i'm doing the AS ones. But trying to find questions on RST3B and RST4A is doing my head in, but what i do is make them up because most of them are quite the same. If you dont mind me asking what did you get at AS and do you have any tips to revise!!

hello there, I'm having trouble looking for more past papers of this exam too!
you know how you said you make them up, would you mind sharing some of the questions you made up please :biggrin: i don't have a very creative imagination lol.

oh and by the way I got a scraped B at AS level lol, and I revised by reading the aqa textbook again and again and then doing past papers, :smile:
Reply 4
Just had the RST3B exam and I answered the ontological argument question however I misread the question and answered on ANSELMS ontological argument rather than DESCARTES'... I got in my scholars and did mention briefly Descartes's support for anselms argument but does this mean I've lost 50 marks on both questions because of this stupid mistake?! Urgh!
Original post by Carla.22
Just had the RST3B exam and I answered the ontological argument question however I misread the question and answered on ANSELMS ontological argument rather than DESCARTES'... I got in my scholars and did mention briefly Descartes's support for anselms argument but does this mean I've lost 50 marks on both questions because of this stupid mistake?! Urgh!

Omg! no way. I reckon this exam was the hardest out of them all, they have never asked a Descartes question, I've looked at every past paper. Also the problem of evil on process thought I found that weird. Don't worry even if you write somthing you will probably get some marks. Don't stress it.
Reply 6
Original post by JohnnyFranklin
Omg! no way. I reckon this exam was the hardest out of them all, they have never asked a Descartes question, I've looked at every past paper. Also the problem of evil on process thought I found that weird. Don't worry even if you write somthing you will probably get some marks. Don't stress it.

Yeah! I noticed that they never had before too, so when I read it I think I translated 'Descartes' into 'Anselm' automatically! Yeah, I didn't feel like there was thaaaat much to say on process thought, I was really hoping for some Augustinean theodicy stuff! I'm trying not to but it's sooo infuriatinggg when I kept referring to it as 'anselms ontological argument', such a silly mistake haha!
Reply 7
Did anyone do religious language? thoughts?
with the ontological argument for the a02 i basically just evaluated the argument and found myself repeating a02 points i.e. 'criticisms' that were asked for in the part a question, is this right?
Reply 8
Original post by roseparks
Did anyone do religious language? thoughts?
with the ontological argument for the a02 i basically just evaluated the argument and found myself repeating a02 points i.e. 'criticisms' that were asked for in the part a question, is this right?

I thought the ontological question about whether it 'challenges disbelief' was really weirdly worded, but yeah that's what I did too! I was stating its criticisms using scholars and why it didn't come across very convincingly and wouldn't convert me on its own ectttt
Reply 9
Hi, i am going into sixth form in september and i have to complete 4 summer assignments... one of which is a philosophy of religion question paper.. all i have been given is two questions and total marks for them...
I was wondering if any of you who have done the exam recently could tell me how many points i have to make if the question says to explain something?

Quick Reply

Latest