The Student Room Group

Coop Black Box in a Corsa C, where is it located?

Hey guys

As I'm not insured with the coop anymore, I wanted to remove the black box as the car is for sale.

I remember when the guy was fitting it, he was sitting in the passenger seat and was fiddling about with the glovebox (I think!)

Anyway, I removed the glovebox but cannot see anything of the like.

Any ideas where its located exactly?
Reply 1
Could just leave it in?

I sold my Nissan Micra with the box still in it.

You can contact them and ask to de-activate the box.
Mine is behind the glovebox somewhere too, but I don't know where. You can ask them to remove it but they'll charge you.

You can sell it without saying anything about it, they'll only know it's there if they take the glove box out and look around for it.
Reply 3
Original post by Runninground
Mine is behind the glovebox somewhere too, but I don't know where. You can ask them to remove it but they'll charge you.

You can sell it without saying anything about it, they'll only know it's there if they take the glove box out and look around for it.

It's been 2 years since I was with the coop. I just need to know the precise location of the damn thing.
Reply 4
So people sell their cars with the boxes still in them? I was under the impression that they sent someone to remove it if you didn't renew the policy?

Going to have a look behind my glove box today, I will never have one of those things in my car!
Reply 5
Not sure if you still need help but I’ll try and help you the best I can.

You need to take the cover away from the steering column and look at the ignition barrel, find the positive and look for any places where it’s been tapped into (seriously on mine he tapped into it and then left the connection uncovered, didn’t even use a crimp).

Follow the wire around and you’ll soon discover this little beauty.
TgYcuae.jpg

it’s something to do with the box, then just jump down the rabbit hole and you’ll find the rest.

Quick Reply

Latest