KatiePotatie123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm a soon to be Gloucestershire (francis close hall campus) uni undergraduate student studying Health, Community and Social Care in september. I sent my application off early, and have an unconditional offer which is great as it is my first choice! I have not yet heard back from the other universities so am just doing a lot of research about the area/resources/course/student life/accommodation/everything in general, which I plan to do for every offer I receive so that I can make a well informed choice.
If anyone is starting this course at the same time as me, or can tell me anything (good or bad) that I should concider, it would be muchly appreciated!
I hope to hear back from someone Thanks, Kathryn
Mikkie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KatiePotatie123)
I'm a soon to be Gloucestershire (francis close hall campus) uni undergraduate student studying Health, Community and Social Care in september. I sent my application off early, and have an unconditional offer which is great as it is my first choice! I have not yet heard back from the other universities so am just doing a lot of research about the area/resources/course/student life/accommodation/everything in general, which I plan to do for every offer I receive so that I can make a well informed choice.
If anyone is starting this course at the same time as me, or can tell me anything (good or bad) that I should concider, it would be muchly appreciated!
I hope to hear back from someone Thanks, Kathryn
Hello Kathryn
I hope to be studying on the same campus starting September 2014 too (I applied for a slightly different course but the one you've mentioned I'm hopefully changing to). Gloucester is my first choice right now also. I've applied for 4 universities and visited 2. Gloucester is close to my home in Birmingham and has a real good feel to it! I've attended a campus tour of Francis Close Hall and it was beautiful with great facilities Michael
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can give Harry Potter tours to your friends!
KatiePotatie123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mikkie)
Hello Kathryn
I hope to be studying on the same campus starting September 2014 too (I applied for a slightly different course but the one you've mentioned I'm hopefully changing to). Gloucester is my first choice right now also. I've applied for 4 universities and visited 2. Gloucester is close to my home in Birmingham and has a real good feel to it! I've attended a campus tour of Francis Close Hall and it was beautiful with great facilities Michael

Oh wow thanks for the reply Michael By this point I have no chosen the course as my firm choice so am definetely going! How is your progress going? Have you made your decisions?
I visited Francis Close Hall (and had a good look around Cheltenham) and really liked the whole area, the course sounds so interesting and really what I am looking to learn about. I am so looking forward to starting!
connie_23
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
have you applied for accommodation yet? ive put Shaftesbury as my first choice and want to find out who im going to be staying with!

Posted from TSR Mobile
LisbethSalander
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've put Gloucestershire as my insurance choice, and if I go there, I'll be on the Francis Close Hall campus too! I'm going to study Criminology. I loved the quad bit, everything was so green and nice!
Sophla123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi I'm studying the same course as you in sept just looking at moving up near the campus with my littleones single parent so very daunting would be good to speak to someone on my course
kfrenett
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by connie_23)
have you applied for accommodation yet? ive put Shaftesbury as my first choice and want to find out who im going to be staying with!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for Shaftsbury as my first choice too. Doing Sociology and waiting to hear on confirmed accomodation!
connie_23
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i got an email today saying im in shaftebury in the cinderford block!

Posted from TSR Mobile
KatiePotatie123
Rep:
?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm staying in Pittville
KatiePotatie123
Rep:
?
i got an email today saying im in shaftebury in the cinderford block!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh wow I'm glad you've got the one you wanted I'm hoping to find some of the people staying in Pittville as that's where I'll be staying!
KatiePotatie123
Rep:
?
(Original post by LisbethSalander)
I've put Gloucestershire as my insurance choice, and if I go there, I'll be on the Francis Close Hall campus too! I'm going to study Criminology. I loved the quad bit, everything was so green and nice!

Oh wow that sounds interesting! Yes it's a beautiful campus, very photo-esque
KatiePotatie123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sophla123)
Hi I'm studying the same course as you in sept just looking at moving up near the campus with my littleones single parent so very daunting would be good to speak to someone on my course
oh hi so we're doing the same thing, that's exciting! oh I can imagine, I really admire that you're going for this opportunity while you have a little one, a lot of people would have given up and stayed at home. Yes of course So how did you decide that this was what you wanted to do?
staceeeyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Heyy guys, I'm a 2nd year student at UoG and I do Sociology and Criminology joint honours. I also lived in Hardwick Halls last year. If you've got any questions about the accommodation or uni life or work or anything at all, I'll be happy to try my best to answer them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Gloucestershire
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 9 Nov '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (20)
6.92%
They might tell the bully (29)
10.03%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.22%
It might lead to more bullying (106)
36.68%
There's nothing they could do (90)
31.14%

Watched Threads