What are the best ways to lose Stomach Fat? Watch

CryptoidAlien
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have an expanding waist and I'm finding difficult to tuck my shirts in or wear jeans properly.

Any advice?
Capn cas
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Liposuction, a bit of Nip Tuck, some reconstruction and you're ready to go Robocop!:battle:

on a serious note: tummy tucks, sit up variants, the plank, crunches and jogging.
Ronove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Capn cas)
Liposuction, a bit of Nip Tuck, some reconstruction and you're ready to go Robocop!:battle:

on a serious note: tummy tucks, sit up variants, the plank, crunches and jogging.
:facepalm2:

Jogging is an alright suggestion. As is the surgery.
illusionz
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

No. You can't lose fat from a specific area of your body.

OP the answer is simple. Consume fewer calories than you burn. How you do this is up to you, eat less, exercise more, or a bit of both.
Capn cas
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by illusionz)

OP the answer is simple. Consume fewer calories than you burn. How you do this is up to you, eat less, exercise more, or a bit of both.
Shouldn't you be quoting the OP and not me. . .Think about this one carefully.
If infact your second part is correct, you should be correcting the OP's question. If one does take the OP's question, you have not answered the question directly, you have answered for a question such as "How do you lose weight overall?". I on the other-hand have homed in on the region discussed. So in future, do not be so pedantic, think that your exercise knowledge is the be all and end all (unless you are an accredited nutritionist, fitness coach and toning expert) and don't be so quick to fire down suggestions that are not your own. Internet kids these days.
Venomilys
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
low calorie intermittent fasting + HIIT (Insanity/p90x etc) = fat burning machine.

You gotta do it fast though, best done when you're young. If you leave it too late your body will want to stay fat because it has adapted to being fat.
illusionz
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If infact your second part is correct, you should be correcting the OP's question. If one does take the OP's question, you have not answered the question directly, you have answered for a question such as "How do you lose weight overall?". I on the other-hand have homed in on the region discussed. So in future, do not be so pedantic, think that your exercise knowledge is the be all and end all (unless you are an accredited nutritionist, fitness coach and toning expert) and don't be so quick to fire down suggestions that are not your own. Internet kids these days.
Holy **** how sad are you. You gave useless advice which I corrected.

The OP asked how they can lose stomach fat. The way to lose fat (be it stomach or anywhere else) is the same. My point is valid. Stop being butthurt because some little fad you read in a magazine doesn't actually work.

Also your assertation that someone can be a 'toning expert' is quite laughable.
Dragonfly07
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Youcan't lose fat in a specific area of your body no matter what you do. You need to lose fat overall and your stomach will get smaller too.
Capn cas
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Holy **** how sad are you. You gave useless advice which I corrected.

The OP asked how they can lose stomach fat. The way to lose fat (be it stomach or anywhere else) is the same. My point is valid. Stop being butthurt because some little fad you read in a magazine doesn't actually work.

Also your assertation that someone can be a 'toning expert' is quite laughable.
I won't entertain you anymore. But we'll just see whether people consider your seemingly 'universal stance' which mentioned . . . no specific exercise, universally correct. Good day :chaplin:
Ronove
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I won't entertain you anymore. But we'll just see whether people consider your seemingly 'universal stance' which mentioned . . . no specific exercise, universally correct. Good day :chaplin:
Any exercise which burns a lot of calories will help. You are wrong, and can't seem to grasp why. This is from a qualified fitness instructor, since you seem to think that matters.
Mr_Sinister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Half your carbs...when you have a meal just take away half of your carbs. Then do weights plus HIIT.
CryptoidAlien
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Mr_Sinister)
Half your carbs...when you have a meal just take away half of your carbs. Then do weights plus HIIT.
Whats HIIT?
Mr_Sinister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
High intensity interval training...but tbh if you're fat and not very sporty it takes a much stronger mentality to do than say jogging. Lactic acid training is horrible.
EonBlueApocalypse
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Whilst you can't generally spot tone, one thing that is essential for fat loss is blood flow. So along with low calorie diet and intense exercise, make sure to do exercises that increase blood flow into the specific area you want.
Mr_Sinister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Actually true above. Everyone says you cannot spot reduce fat which is true really at the levels people expect and want...but for example if you did loads and loads of sit-ups it would actually slightly spot reduce fat due to blood flow to the area. But basing your whole training around that is ridiculous and getting a well balanced routine and diet will be a 100x more beneficial.
claridge
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

This^. Beyond that, maybe try lowering you're calorie intake through a reduction in carbohydrate (not drastically-not talking ketogenic or anything) and when you do take in carbs make sure they're from unprocessed sources. If you can find an activity/sport you enjoy things will become a lot easier - in terms of motivation and achieving your goals. For me it's surfing that keeps the pounds off!
Jingers
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
JollyJelly
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Haha, oh wow.

"Specific exercise"? You can't chose where you lose fat from, so what exercise you do is irrelevant. You lose weight through calorific deficit.

So the 'universal stance', as you put it, is correct.

Good day :chaplin:
nopenopenope
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No he should be correcting you, your whole post was retarded.

Coming from maths phd grad, any job i want, 300k starting
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (370)
67.27%
No (180)
32.73%

Watched Threads