The Student Room Group

What's been the best/most interesting thing to happen to you on TSR?

So I used to use TSR a fair bit when I was an undergrad and now I'm looking at a range of online communities as part of my Masters.

Like a lot of people, I originally joined TSR just as I was getting uni offers when I was trying to work out where to go.

For me though the best part of TSR was finding a member who had already been on the study abroad scheme I was applying to - and I still think to this day their advice was invaluable in getting me a place on a programme that changed my life. :biggrin:

Other little things that also stand out were meeting TSR members at my uni in real life (I went to a Lady Gaga concert with one), and finding out my school friend used the forum after having a debate with her on a thread and us both recognising each others' writing style!

So basically, I'm curious about other people's experiences:

What's been the best thing to happen to you on TSR (or best thing you've seen happen on TSR)?

How long have you been using TSR and why do you keep coming back?

Scroll to see replies

just thought i should bump this thread when i saw it on the newsletter on email

for me, probably the best thing is making friends who i have a lot in common with... which i find quite difficult to do in real life
There hasn't been a 'best' moment but i've chatted with and become friends with some very interesting people on here :smile:
Nothing really...
Reply 4
I guess I keep coming back because I have literally nothing better to do.

And as sad as it is, I spend 6 days a week completely alone, so it does give a little illusion of company. *shugs*
Reply 5
When a user I think his name coja, helped me out win my german homework - got an A* for that. Many props to him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *R*a*c*h*
(...)
What's been the best thing to happen to you on TSR (or best thing you've seen happen on TSR)?

The best thing was the implementation of notification. It is very practical.

I'm using TSR since 10th February 2012 and the reason why I'm coming back all the time is to write as foreigner in English with English native speaker.
Original post by *R*a*c*h*

I received a marriage proposal. Yes, seriously. :biggrin:

I've been using it since March 2005, when I was 18, and I suppose I just enjoy using it to chat about random stuff from time to time. I haven't been a student for just over three years now, so I no longer use it for student-related stuff.
Original post by Kallisto
The best thing was the implementation of notification. It is very practical.

I'm using TSR since 10th February 2012 and the reason why I'm coming back all the time is to write as foreigner in English with English native speaker.

Since I know you've asked a few questions about grammatical points in the English language in the past, I just thought I'd mention that you have used the wrong tense at the start of your sentence. ;-)
Just chatting to people I guess, the majority have been quite friendly which is nice :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Infinity_4652
just thought i should bump this thread when i saw it on the newsletter on email

for me, probably the best thing is making friends who i have a lot in common with... which i find quite difficult to do in real life

aww you find other gays then?
Original post by *yaboy
aww you find other gays then?

I'm impressed by your dedication to multi-accounting.
Reply 12
Original post by shadowdweller
I'm impressed by your dedication to multi-accounting.

It's not multi-accounting if there is only one account...
Original post by *yaboy
It's not multi-accounting if there is only one account...

Eh, fair enough then.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by shadowdweller
I was including the many banned accounts you have.

Geez, thanks for that...
Original post by *yaboy
Geez, thanks for that...

I've edited it now :lol:
Reply 16
Meeting someone on TSR :innocent:

Been on here since 13th June 2012 (the date of my GCSE maths exam) and I keep coming back because of the people & discussions + STEP help
making connections with a lot of people on here and finding out some of them live near you!
Reply 18
Nothing really. I guess it's been nice talking to a few people with the same interests as me that my friends don't have, such as music. Also I've had help with my personal statement and revision which I'm sure I wouldn't have got offers without.

I've used it since I finished my GCSEs in the summer, and what keeps me coming back is my terrible attention span when it comes to revision. So procrastination really.
Reply 19
Been using it since 09, when I was trying to make a decision on uni. Didn't get the advice I needed though, so that was a shame. But I managed to find a new place to procrastinate.

Nothing good has really happened lol. It's nice to have a place to talk to like-minded people though e.g. zero chance of ever talking to someone irl about anime, but there's a place for that here. Stuff like that really. I don't expect to have a life-changing event here lol.

Quick Reply

Latest