The Student Room Group

Declined by university because of GCSE

Hi, I got declined by universities because of my GCSE SCIENCE, I applied for Adult nursing and I meet all the A level entry requirements however at my secondary school they didn't do GCSE science at the time so I only have BTEC applied science level 2 as Merit. However this year I have decided to take btec level 3 forensic science course and all of my teachers said it will be alright, but now I got declined what should I do ? I think it's not fair that my teachers put me in the wrong and also level 3 is higher than level 2 like come on.
Reply 1
I also got declined from 1 university because I did BTEC science in school. A lot of universities accept the BTEC science.. Surely you applied for atleast one that does?
Reply 2
Some universities don't have gcse science as one of their requirements.. Also alternatively you could enrol to do gcse science in the summer and go through clearing to study adult nursing once you have achieved this

Posted from TSR Mobile
You should have checked the GCSE requirements of the universities you applied to, and if you weren't sure whether you met them you should have have emailed the universities to ask. Also as nursing is such an oversubscribed course they will filter out applicants that don't meet their admissions criteria. Don't blame your teachers, it's your application and your responsibility to choose courses that you have a chance of getting into.

Quick Reply

Latest