The Student Room Group

Help! Engineering courses that contains genetic and neural engineering

Can anyone give me a list of engineering courses that contains genetic and neural engineering in their modules or some aspects of it? preferably if possible any bachelors degree?

thanks
Reply 1
Original post by meep705
Can anyone give me a list of engineering courses that contains genetic and neural engineering in their modules or some aspects of it? preferably if possible any bachelors degree?

thanks

There is a well respected professor from MIT that is looking in to this branch of engineering. As far as i'm aware, there is no such programme over here. Perhaps medical or biomedical engineering is your best bet. Or simply Biology.
Reply 2
Original post by kingm
There is a well respected professor from MIT that is looking in to this branch of engineering. As far as i'm aware, there is no such programme over here. Perhaps medical or biomedical engineering is your best bet. Or simply Biology.

Can you give the persons name? And any sources pls
thanks
Reply 3
Original post by meep705
Can you give the persons name? And any sources pls
thanks

http://web.mit.edu/be/people/voigt.shtml

That is not the guy i was referring to, but i guess it's in line with what you're after. I visited the MIT museum a couple of months back and remember reading about genetic engineering and, in particular, disease and infection prevention within blood cells or something similar. Unfortunately I can't remember the guys name, but I'm sure with a bit of research you can delve a little deeper yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending