Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What things really annoy you beyond reason. Mine has to be cling film, surely someone should have invented something better than this by now or at least something to make it less infuriating to use.

ReputationRep:
    Cheese graters.. its difficult to grate that last piece of cheese without getting your skin grated :/

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have to agree, cling film is so disobedient most times. I'd have to say leather sofas. I hate having to slowly indroduce inches of my skin to the material.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LickingCarpet)
    What things really annoy you beyond reason. Mine has to be cling film, surely someone should have invented something better than this by now or at least something to make it less infuriating to use.
    I quite like cling film, I just wish it came with a better device to cut it with, without having to search the house for scissors or using your hands and then its not neat.

ReputationRep:
    Sellotape.

ReputationRep:
    Women. And Men. And all other humans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emski)
    Cheese graters.. its difficult to grate that last piece of cheese without getting your skin grated :/
    Yep I totally agree I always seem to grate half my knuckle when doing it. Although recently we have picked up a cheese grater from Ikea which is really quite good.

(Original post by shr94)
    Yes I have to agree, cling film is so disobedient most times. I'd have to say leather sofas. I hate having to slowly indroduce inches of my skin to the material.
    Agree with this also especially in summer, never understood the appeal of leather sofas.

ReputationRep:
    Plastic shopping bags you can't get open to put your stuff in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndClass)
    Plastic shopping bags you can't get open to put your stuff in
    That's the worst, especially when you're at a self-scanner and there's a long queue. I feel like everyone's judging and hating me for taking so bloody long to open the bag :mad::mad:

ReputationRep:
    Headphones all of them.

I want music in my ear. But I don't want:
    wires that tangle, and take an age to untangle
    wires around my neck
    headphones that fall out
    a wire going from my ear to my jean's pocket, that restricts movement
    when you're sitting down, and got music on in the library, you get up to get a book, and you forget you're wearing headphones because you're in the zone, and your iPhone/ Mac goes flying
    bulky headphones
    wireless headphones where the battery dies
    wireless headphones where they unsync from the device of their own accord
    wireless headphones when they wont pair with a device
    wireless headphones and people saying 'oh, wow, are they wireless?'

:sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColdWishes)
    That's the worst, especially when you're at a self-scanner and there's a long queue. I feel like everyone's judging and hating me for taking so bloody long to open the bag :mad::mad:
    Was going to say the same thing :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColdWishes)
    I just stare at the cashier like this:

and they'll bag my items for me

ReputationRep:
    Blister packs.

(Original post by mrmicrosoft)
    Headphones all of them:sad:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/...un-e10-blk-sil

ReputationRep:
    I dislike wires around my neck

ReputationRep:
    Bed sheets. I have a normal bedsheet and one between me and my quilt. When I wake up the fitted sheet had come of and gone across the bed and the sheet in between has become twisted and messy. Fixing this involves moving the bed and mattress away from the wall...

ReputationRep:
    Polystyrene is the devil's own packaging material.

ReputationRep:
    Tin openers, it baffles me that all tins don't have a ring pull on it as these thing are just impossible to use
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by emski)
    I quite like cling film, I just wish it came with a better device to cut it with, without having to search the house for scissors or using your hands and then its not neat.
    We have something - the clung fling is in a thin plastic box type thing and there's a cutter, which means you can cut the cling film straight.

Apologises for my rather poor explanation.

Something like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrmicrosoft)
    I just stare at the cashier like this:

and they'll bag my items for me
    So your the type of ******* who does that

Funny , I do the exact same thing to customers and they end up packing their own ****.

ReputationRep:
    the film ontop of microwaveable items, and sometimes sliced meats like bacon, sometimes you pull the corner and it just rips off, leaving the item sealed without a way of opening it (without a blade of some sort)

vacum sealed hard plastic packaging as well (the like around some electrical items, usualy computer related items like pen drives) usualy requires a knife to remove it.

spring loaded doors and seats (porta-loos have them (to stop guys walking in and pissing on the seat I assume)) I could tell you all a story relating to those things but its disgusting.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.