The Student Room Group

UNIQ/Sutton Trust Summer School 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ilak01
I got a place in UNIQ oncology :biggrin:

Hey I got accepted onto oncology too! :biggrin: im not really sure what it'll be like, I wasn't expecting to get a place, and I don't really know anything about oncology!!
4 more days until cambridge send their decisions :/ Im sooo anxious :eek:
Reply 582
Original post by GoldenLoin
Hey I got accepted onto oncology too! :biggrin: im not really sure what it'll be like, I wasn't expecting to get a place, and I don't really know anything about oncology!!

Hi. (I am really glad that I know someone who is going to do the same course as me). I don't know much about oncology neither. My first choice was medicine and oncology was my second choice (i am not complaining). I knew about the topic, because I volunteer at a hospice, where most of the patients have cancer. I'm really excited to more about the subject, but my main motive is to visit Oxford Uni and see if I have any chance of getting in. What about you?
Original post by Ilak01
Hi. (I am really glad that I know someone who is going to do the same course as me). I don't know much about oncology neither. My first choice was medicine and oncology was my second choice (i am not complaining). I knew about the topic, because I volunteer at a hospice, where most of the patients have cancer. I'm really excited to more about the subject, but my main motive is to visit Oxford Uni and see if I have any chance of getting in. What about you?

Me too, I was quite nervous at first but now I'm looking forward to it, although I don't really know what to expect! I don't know anyone else who even applied for UNIQ, none of my friends were interested...
Same, I wanted to do medicine or chemistry, but I couldn't make any of the dates:frown: Yeah, I volunteer at a hospital, but apart from that I don't really know much! I hope I like it:wink:
Original post by umieee
Yeaaaah! I shall let you know when mine gets here:biggrin: One of my friends have applied to Kings for Biochemsity, so same as you I think? But apart from that I dont think many people have because no ones asked/talked about Kings on here or the other forums so Im guessing not

Great, could you also tell me if your friend gets accepted so that if by any chance I actually get in, I will know someone else who will be with me :smile: Yeh, I hope so as that means we have a greater chance of being accepted! :biggrin:
Original post by Ilak01

Also, which dates would you be doing? 28 June - 4 July, or 2 - 8 August? I can only really do the August ones!
Original post by Bashur
Cambridge- Won't get in though!

How come? I don't think I'll get in either as I only meet 4 maybe 5 of their criteria :s-smilie:
Reply 587
Original post by honeygiraffe
How come? I don't think I'll get in either as I only meet 4 maybe 5 of their criteria :s-smilie:

My school's A*-C rate is too high I think.
Reply 588
Original post by honeygiraffe
Great, could you also tell me if your friend gets accepted so that if by any chance I actually get in, I will know someone else who will be with me :smile: Yeh, I hope so as that means we have a greater chance of being accepted! :biggrin:

Sureee, I'll let you know! Ooh yeaah, thats good then.. 4daaaays left!
Original post by Irish-girl-21
I'm also heading to Durham on the 17th for politics and I'm from the North too! I wrote to Durham and they've agreed to pay for flights over so you might like to do the same if you haven't already :smile:

Happy days.. We'll probably be on the same flights then..
Hi. Has anybody applied to the Royal Veterinary College? If so, has anybody heard from them yet? Most of my friends have heard from their chosen unis already.
Reply 591
Hey guys, at the UCAS event in London a person from Durham university said if you pass their summer school then you get an automatic conditional offer from durham. CAN anyone verify this? I'm not sure if i heard right hahaha i got into Physics, got 11a*s at GCSE (2A's too) and if I did end up getting a conditional from the summer school i'd be f*****g thrilled!

thanks!!
Reply 592
Original post by suarti10
Yes I did , for engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you heard from Imperial yet??
Original post by Robbie-house
Happy days.. We'll probably be on the same flights then..

Probably will then :smile:
Original post by Mary2222
Hey guys, at the UCAS event in London a person from Durham university said if you pass their summer school then you get an automatic conditional offer from durham. CAN anyone verify this? I'm not sure if i heard right hahaha i got into Physics, got 11a*s at GCSE (2A's too) and if I did end up getting a conditional from the summer school i'd be f*****g thrilled!

thanks!!

I don't know for certain but I really doubt that, there might be a bursary if you pass the summer school, I know that's what Nottingham do but theres so much that someone could do between now and applying for unis that could affect them getting a place that it seems unlikely idk :dontknow: congrats on getting a place though ^-^

thanks!!

Hey I'm going to Durham Sutton Trust and on Durhams website it say you are garunteed a standard offer if you participate and likely meet the entry requirements for your chosen subject.
https://www.dur.ac.uk/sutton.trust/support/
Reply 596

thanks!!

You're correct. I was pretty surprised when I heard about it. https://www.dur.ac.uk/sutton.trust/support/#Guaranteed_Offers/

thanks!!

That guaranteed conditional offer is for the supported progression scheme summer school, not the sutton trust summer school. The supported progression scheme involves a week long intensive summer school at the Uni, and you have to complete project work in your subject and present to the professors etc. If they deem it to be of a good enough caliber then you get a reduced guaranteed offer. I'm on it for biology, but applications closed a long time ago i'm afraid. I did her rumors however (when i was on a residential there 2 weeks ago) that this year people on the sutton trust summer school may be able to access guaranteed offers but not reduced offers. Hope this helps
Reply 598
Original post by nickparkes
That guaranteed conditional offer is for the supported progression scheme summer school, not the sutton trust summer school. The supported progression scheme involves a week long intensive summer school at the Uni, and you have to complete project work in your subject and present to the professors etc. If they deem it to be of a good enough caliber then you get a reduced guaranteed offer. I'm on it for biology, but applications closed a long time ago i'm afraid. I did her rumors however (when i was on a residential there 2 weeks ago) that this year people on the sutton trust summer school may be able to access guaranteed offers but not reduced offers. Hope this helps

'Any student who is accepted onto and participates in Durham University’s Sutton Trust Summer School will receive a guaranteed standard offer if they subsequently apply to Durham University'
Original post by Farhan96
'Any student who is accepted onto and participates in Durham University’s Sutton Trust Summer School will receive a guaranteed standard offer if they subsequently apply to Durham University'

There you go then, rumours are true!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending