The Student Room Group

cambridge offer

heyy all …….., i have somehow got an offer from cambridge (ahhhhh!!) and it says i need a*aa in chemistry and maths in any order.

does anyone know what that means?? - do i have to get a* in chemistry or maths or can i get it in another subject??
Reply 1
In any order, surely that means you can get that grades in any order of subject ?
Reply 2
A*AA which includes Chemistry and Maths. Congratulations though :smile:
Reply 3
okey doke….i think i get it, thanks!!….i don't know how i managed to get into cambridge if i can't figure this out! :tongue:

so could i theoretically get an a* in say art and an a in maths and chemistry??
Reply 4
Not quite sure, ask your teacher . Well done for getting into Cambridge! You deserve it from your hard work(:
Reply 5
I really doubt they would accept an A* in Art tbh, not unless it's related to the course you want to do. From the wording of your OP, sounds like they definitely want the A* from Chem or Maths. Congratulations though!
Reply 6
It would be better to contact the admissions tutor just to be absolutely clear. You would not want anything to happen later on because the offer was misunderstood and it certainly won't hurt asking.

Just for reference though, I really doubt they'd accept an A-Level in art as part of the A*AA offer.
Reply 7
thanks everybody :smile: will give them a ring. i guess i was hoping for my art to count, but heyho!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending