How do I go about quitting my current apprenticeship?

Watch
Poll: When do you think I should quit?
The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.
topclass
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello all; I'm currently in a apprenticeship working in a recruitment company 10 hours a day, 5 days a week. I've been at this company for only 5 months and its a highly pressurised and fast paced job but with a decent wage. I've come to a point where I feel frustrated and desperate to leave as soon as possible. it may sound awkward but I am really desperate to leave after experiencing very little training, no actual team support and complete selfishness and rudeness from other colleagues on the same team as me. The workplace is totally micro managed, low staff retention and not much incentives to make you put 100% in all the time. The supervisor shows very little support and is always looking to find a bad aspect of my character for no reason at all as well as not matter how hard I work to get results, I get no recognition of any sort. The course for the apprenticeship a lousy Level 2 NVQ in business admin but I feel that it will get me nowhere. My boss in on holiday at the moment but I want to know how should I go about quitting my current apprenticeship? should I send an email and offer a written notice? should I quit now or quit next month? I need you help, your advice would be very helpful and interesting to hear. Thanks
gunner4life95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by topclass)
Hello all; I'm currently in a apprenticeship working in a recruitment company 10 hours a day, 5 days a week. I've been at this company for only 5 months and its a highly pressurised and fast paced job but with a decent wage. I've come to a point where I feel frustrated and desperate to leave as soon as possible. it may sound awkward but I am really desperate to leave after experiencing very little training, no actual team support and complete selfishness and rudeness from other colleagues on the same team as me. The workplace is totally micro managed, low staff retention and not much incentives to make you put 100% in all the time. The supervisor shows very little support and is always looking to find a bad aspect of my character for no reason at all as well as not matter how hard I work to get results, I get no recognition of any sort. The course for the apprenticeship a lousy Level 2 NVQ in business admin but I feel that it will get me nowhere. My boss in on holiday at the moment but I want to know how should I go about quitting my current apprenticeship? should I send an email and offer a written notice? should I quit now or quit next month? I need you help, your advice would be very helpful and interesting to hear. Thanks
If you are adamant on quitting have you got any backup plans, such as looking at other apprenticeships or a normal job?

To the question of how to quit i am unsure what will be the best way, but maybe given a written notice can keep it professional.
CGI Student Team
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by topclass)
Hello,

If you are really unhappy, I would wait until your boss returns from holiday and arrange a meeting with him/her. During this meeting you can express your concerns/problems and potentially find a resolution - that may be better training/more support/you leaving the company. If the outcome was leaving the company, then I would definitely recommend providing them with written notice

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Maisie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (138)
58.72%
No (52)
22.13%
Not sure (45)
19.15%

Watched Threads