do predicted grades matter??? Watch

username1333513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
do they actually matter when applying to sixth forms because mine are B's/C's when I know I can get better than those grades in the actual exam.
ChocoholicCox
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by bubblegumcat)
do they actually matter when applying to sixth forms because mine are B's/C's when I know I can get better than those grades in the actual exam.
Yeah predicted do matter at the moment when deciding which courses. However when you get your actual gcse results these can change and you can change courses if you did better or worse than expected XD
username1333513
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChocoholicCox)
Yeah predicted do matter at the moment when deciding which courses. However when you get your actual gcse results these can change and you can change courses if you did better or worse than expected XD
lol ok thanks
silverdolphin
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by bubblegumcat)
haha i think not!

predicted grades are just what they THINK you'll get in the actual exam. however, this is often far from accurate coz students (like me :innocent:) tend to just hang about and yolo all the mocks until they realize....UH OH. it's the real thing this time round. can't afford to screw up.

so yup! as long as you work hard and put in the effort, you could change your grade from like a C to A*. it's not impossible. i'll be taking my exams as well this year, best of luck!
username1333513
Rep:
?
(Original post by silverdolphin)
haha i think not!

predicted grades are just what they THINK you'll get in the actual exam. however, this is often far from accurate coz students (like me :innocent:) tend to just hang about and yolo all the mocks until they realize....UH OH. it's the real thing this time round. can't afford to screw up.

so yup! as long as you work hard and put in the effort, you could change your grade from like a C to A*. it's not impossible. i'll be taking my exams as well this year, best of luck!
ahhhh ok thanks it actually turns out my predicted grades are a few A's and rest are B's so I think i'm ok now haha
I'm doing my exams this year as well, good luck!
SomePaleChick
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
TajwarC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Possibly when applying for 6th forms but generally you don't need amazing predictions to get a place/interview. For example the grammar schools near me asked for at least 4 As and 2 Bs. In terms of actual results, my predictions were 7 A's and 3 B's and I ended up with 10 A's.
Seathestars
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't have mattered they did particularly for GCSE's. Certainly not as much as they do for Uni.
Magnesium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They're only really looked at if you're applying to different Sixth Forms as some like to place a lot of emphasis on them. If they reject you based on your predicted grades and you end up doing considerably better than those, you can always appeal their decision on results day.
username1333513
Rep:
?
(Original post by Magnesium)
They're only really looked at if you're applying to different Sixth Forms as some like to place a lot of emphasis on them. If they reject you based on your predicted grades and you end up doing considerably better than those, you can always appeal their decision on results day.
thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.48%
Excited (156)
9.1%
Worried (306)
17.84%
Terrified (381)
22.22%
Meh (170)
9.91%
Confused (37)
2.16%