Hannahjobling
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've been doing as levels for 4 months now and I have my mocks next week. I've taken physics, maths, biology, geography and further maths. I stress so much that I overwork and end up getting grades lower than I would like. At the moment I revise out of the cgp revision guides by trying to understand them and writing them out over and over which worked for gcse but not so much now. Any advice on how to cope with stress and easy revision techniques would be much appreciated as I've started to think that I shouldn't even be in 6th form!
Bananaicecream
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I get what you mean I feel the same sometimes. You need to make a revision plan ready for your mock exams (but dont cram too much in so that you get more stressed) to break everything into chunks. You could use the traffic light system to rate how well you know each topic - red, amber or green and then revise them according to this in more and more depth. You could ask your teachers for some tips on how to cope with the stress or just how to improve your work so that you know which specific areas to target rather than trying to improve something you dont need to.

And to thinking you shouldn't be in sixth form, I think that since you care so that it is worrying you this much you must be a really dedicated student. Lots of students feel like this, trust me, and you can cope with all this exam stress no matter how hard it seems.

Good luck in your mocks btw
Qtj987
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
try your best, plenty of sleep and make sure you have a timetable.
I find past papers really helpful and most importantly, be positive
Hannahjobling
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thank you!! I'm starting to work through past papers and already finding it way more helpful
Paralove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can't stress past papers enough! I do maths and geography at A2 if you want anything specific!

I make sure I have case study cards for each case study, and that all my notes are clear and neat. Mind maps with the main topic in the middle and then seeing how much you can write about it is a good way of seeing things you may not know or need to work on.

For maths, you can get loads of questions from past papers or mymaths. I also use flashcards with formulae on.

Do revision in 30-50min chunks with 10-20min breaks. Otherwise you'll overload! And when you do revise, make sure its focused, no distractions whatsoever! I'd advise not relying on CGP for geography at least, as although there good for covering all bases, they don't have everything in them and certainly,not at the depth you need to know it in, whereas at GCSE you wouldn't need to go in much more depth at all than those guides.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (177)
58.42%
I don't have everything I need (126)
41.58%

Watched Threads