Which GCSE Science is the hardest in your opinion?

Watch this thread
Rafeerahman
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
In my opinion, it's biology because the exams are full of How Science works
ChangeOurWorld
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
I only had the option to do Core and Additional Science at GCSE I wasn't allowed to do the separate sciences.
I'd automatically say Chemistry because it was very mathsy and I'm just not that type of person.
Siberiaan
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Biology is the easiest , since it's mostly memorization . Chemistry is more harder , as it has more complicated theories , and physics is in the middle :3
Pedro.
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Chemistry or physics, i knew a lot about biology because GCSE so it came quite natural really.
Rafeerahman
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by TSR Mustafa)
Biology is the easiest , since it's mostly memorization . Chemistry is more harder , as it has more complicated theories , and physics is in the middle :3
GCSE biology is NOT mostly about memorisation. The exams these days are full of data analysis and evaluation stuff and it's not the easiest science. How old are you and when did you take your GCSE's?
username877577
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Hardest: Biology
Easiest: Physics

Posted from TSR Mobile
02simm
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
biology is the easiest.
whilst chem and physics are joint for me. i guess
Siberiaan
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rafeerahman)
GCSE biology is NOT mostly about memorisation. The exams these days are full of data analysis and evaluation stuff and it's not the easiest science. How old are you and when did you take your GCSE's?
Last year , and i'm 16
kmcg97
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I find Physics to be the hardest and Biology the easiest.
Carol R. Lawson
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Prefer Chem over physics although can depend on teacher of course!
I'm more into Biomedical science so persuing that x
Dalek1099
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I found Physics to be the hardest at GCSE even though I was good at it because the concepts and applications were so hard to grasp but I'm finding it easy at AS.I think Physics is the hardest nationwide too because it had much lower A* rates for Unit 1 in June 2012 when I seen it was something like 10%,10% and 7% for Physics and because of the Maths content people normally struggle because Maths and English are supposedly the hardest GCSEs for the general public but Maths was easiest for me.
furryface12
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I always found chemistry the hardest by far, then biology, then physics. At AS I found the same although I'd dropped bio by then, and now I just do physics

Posted from TSR Mobile
jparemain
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by furryface12)
I always found chemistry the hardest by far, then biology, then physics. At AS I found the same although I'd dropped bio by then, and now I just do physics

Posted from TSR Mobile
this
silverdolphin
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
biology imo! at least for GCSE level! Physics is mainly just knowing all the formulas, and I just find Chemistry pretty easy.
z4chary_
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Chemistry by far.
If you break it down, Physics is a matter of knowing the correct calculations and why they happen. Biology is just a matter of learning and knowing key facts and terms but Chemistry GCSE goes so deep into it that you have to learn and remember so many little things that tend to mass up to so many lost marks when you don't remember them.
Chlorophile
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I'd say Physics. Chemistry really boils down to understanding applications at GCSE, and Biology is just rote-learning.
likeamotownbeat
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rafeerahman)
In my opinion, it's biology because the exams are full of How Science works
Personally I find chemistry to be the hardest but I don't do physics, only chemistry and biology.
JacobMcLaughlin
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Still doing them, but in my opinion it's Physics. For most people it's Chemistry but Chemistry comes naturally to me, and I've got a great teacher so I find it fairly easy (and very interesting).
likeamotownbeat
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
That's where I fall down on although my chemistry teacher is incredibly nice he's not a very good teacher.
AliNSiddiqui
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I found that it was the subject you didn't like... .I found Physics and Chemistry really easy, studied for 3 days each and got A* in each. Took 3 weeks to study Biology because of how boring I found it, and ended up with an A... granted I didn't finish studying the last chapter which is why I didn't get an A*. Still it's all about which one you enjoy less, the less you enjoy, the less effort you put into studying it, and the harder you will find it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (110)
68.32%
No (33)
20.5%
I didn't use it to prepare (18)
11.18%

Watched Threads