The Student Room Group

Which GCSE Science is the hardest in your opinion?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I did amazing in chemistry and biology while i failed in physics. Thank god it was only a mock.
Honestly Physics has the most maths and equations , theres like a whole unit on equations and i hated the topics about lenses :angry:
I'd say physics is the hardest science. If you love the subject you will do the best in it.
I find Biology the hardest, 'cos that's a science where you just have to memorise loads of ****. Physics and chemistry for me are pretty easy as once you've grasped the concepts, you don't really need to do much more.
Hardest is biology easiest physics and chemistry as chemistry and physics are full of easy maths. I got A in physics and chemistry without revisions and got D close to C in biology. If I had revised then ....
Reply 23
I hated Physics. I completed Triple Science last year (year 10) and Physics was by far the hardest! This was shown in my unit results: in B3 I got an A*, C3 I got an A and P3 I got a C... I literally scraped the C! I got the lowest UMS needed for a C. For that reason, Physics is definitely the hardest. (I did Edexcel triple science by the way)
Physics was incredibly easy. Chemistry was the bane of my existence.
A* in Physics, B in Biology...D in Chemistry.
I don't really understand a lot if the things in Physics but the GCSE questions are generally quite easy if you just learn off the equations. Chemistry can be confusing sometimes but it's fine once you grasp the basic concepts. Biology is difficult because of the huge amount of information and detail you have to know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Physics is the easiest, and also In the triple science exam paper, the equations for finding velocity, electrical currents and such where on the first page of the paper...so memorization wasn't needed.
Chemistry is the hardest purely because remembering all the names for everything and balancing equations.
In my opinion🙈🙈🙈🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
For me Biology was the hardest; I found that even if you understood the content for questions, if you didn't write your answer down in a very specific way, you would lose marks, which was pretty annoying. Still got As in B1 and B2 though. :biggrin:
I've always found physics to be the easiest, got the highest grades in it. Chemistry proved to be the hardest for me as I got Bs, even though I'm good at maths :s-smilie:

I'd say biology is in the middle, there's a lot to remember but it's not too bad.
Reply 29
Original post by kmcg97
I find Physics to be the hardest and Biology the easiest.

I second that, physics is so hard nothing makes sense to me ;/
Did anyone get their core science (year 10) results? What did you guys get?
Original post by StrangeBanana
For me Biology was the hardest; I found that even if you understood the content for questions, if you didn't write your answer down in a very specific way, you would lose marks, which was pretty annoying.

This
Biology mark schemes are just too specific. In a sort of mock mock exam last year I kept losing marks because even though my answers were perfectly valid, the mark scheme didn't cover them. 'Cos of that I only got an A.
Just did the real mock last week and hopefully I did pretty well though
Original post by UnicornFairy12
In a sort of mock mock exam last year I kept losing marks because even though my answers were perfectly valid, the mark scheme didn't cover them. 'Cos of that I only got an A.

:frown: Bad luck, bro; hopefully you'll do better in the real thing. :smile: (Although A is still great, and you can always get an A* overall by really smashing Physics and Chemistry; that's what I did!).
Reply 32
Chemistry most hard, physics medium difficulty and biology fairly easy, although exam technique is most difficult for biology in my opinion.
Biology was easiest, and Physics I found slightly harder than Chemistry
Reply 34
I was better at biology. I'm not the best mathematician so I didn't do as well in chem/phys.

I got A in bio B in chem and C in phys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Physics was an absolute ball ache but I couldn't do the maths in chemistry so I didn't like those either but chemistry in general was fine. Biology was my favourite and I was so so good at it. A level biology is another matter though...
Reply 36
I find Biology the easiest and Chemistry the hardest. I suppose it's because Chem has a lot of Math in it and i'm not good at math lol x
Original post by Rafeerahman
In my opinion, it's biology because the exams are full of How Science works

I think it depends on what you're good at outside of science if you get me? Like I'm quite good at maths so I would say Physics is quite easy but if you aren't then you might disagree. IMO I think chemistry is the hardest but none of the sciences are massively harder than each other I don't think.

Quick Reply

Latest