The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Leeds Met Accommodation 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mollspencer
does anyone know what the difference between standard plus and ensuite townhouses are in carniege village? :smile:

Standard plus are the normal rooms where you share a bathroom. En suite you have your own bathroom. But if you want an en suite, the Cluster Flats are cheaper :smile:
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Original post by DylanWard94
Standard plus are the normal rooms where you share a bathroom. En suite you have your own bathroom. But if you want an en suite, the Cluster Flats are cheaper :smile:

aw thanks! are you staying there?
Original post by mollspencer
aw thanks! are you staying there?

Yeah I've booked the Cluster Flats
Original post by DylanWard94
Yeah I've booked the Cluster Flats

ah okay thanks again :smile:
Reply 44
haha i'll be 20 when i start uni and don't want to be living with boring people! age doesn't bother me at all but i cant find a website or anything that tells you about prices, pros, cons etc of the accommodation! blahhh :frown:
Reply 45
Original post by jessicaol
haha i'll be 20 when i start uni and don't want to be living with boring people! age doesn't bother me at all but i cant find a website or anything that tells you about prices, pros, cons etc of the accommodation! blahhh :frown:

I struggled tbh, but looking at a few forum threads lot of people recommended Carnegie Village for townhouses :P and a lot of people were against Opal One/Two
Prices I found on the Leed's accommodation website itself, heres a link for you :smile:
https://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/accommodation/
Hope you have a blast in Uni
Reply 46
I was thinking Mill Street because it's got an on-site gym, but it looks way far out from the campus which I don't like
Sugarwell Court has an on site gym but I think you have to pay for a membership.
Reply 48
Anyone had confirmation since booking and paying deposit? Paid my deposit for Opal One/Two today.
Original post by defhauss
Anyone had confirmation since booking and paying deposit? Paid my deposit for Opal One/Two today.

What do you mean by confirmation? They don't receive your payment until 2 or 3 working days later if you paid online today.
Reply 50
Original post by JamieCarlsson
What do you mean by confirmation? They don't receive your payment until 2 or 3 working days later if you paid online today.

To be honest, I don't know what I mean as I don't know what to expect... I suppose I'm really asking if anyone knows what comes next and how long stuff takes after payment received. E.g. how soon they get back to you about where they're placing you.
Reply 51
Original post by bethmaybury
I'm going to do Events Management meaning I'll be at Headingley Campus, one of my friends whose already there reccomended Kirkstall to me, any other advice?x

I'm doing Events Management, I went up to the Applicants open day on 12th Feb, I saw the Kirkstall halls, so beautiful! But the guide said the lay out of flats and rooms are exactly the same, so I'm staying Sugarwell because it's a little cheaper! Buses go from everywhere so wherever is fine really.
Original post by Blazinq
I was thinking Mill Street because it's got an on-site gym, but it looks way far out from the campus which I don't like

Original post by JamieCarlsson
Sugarwell Court has an on site gym but I think you have to pay for a membership.

The on-site gym at Sugarwell actually closed at the end of last year.

Mill Street is good value as the rent includes membership to the on-site gym and it's about the same distance from City Campus as Sugarwell.
Original post by leedsmetaccomm
The on-site gym at Sugarwell actually closed at the end of last year.

Mill Street is good value as the rent includes membership to the on-site gym and it's about the same distance from City Campus as Sugarwell.

Aw that's a massive shame. I was looking forward to that!
Reply 54
Im coming to leeds met in sept, doing the dance course, don't know wether to go opal or mill street , opal seems so lively like I've heard and more my age group! Anyone else studying dance in sept or any performing arts ?
Reply 55
Oh ive just checked out the plaza, which is good for there price ? might go there .. its cheaper than opal too .. anyone know anyone who lives at the plaza ??
Reply 56
Went to the open day on the 12th and the only good accommodation I saw was Carnigie Village, Opal looked like a slum, Kirkhall was rusted and run down and Sugarwell was overcrowded
Reply 57
One of my mates is at the plaza right now and he loves it there! I'm gonna apply this week for it, I went on a tour and it's soo much nicer than opal and less of a walk..
Original post by SaraMont
One of my mates is at the plaza right now and he loves it there! I'm gonna apply this week for it, I went on a tour and it's soo much nicer than opal and less of a walk..

Where's the plaza? What is it? I never heard of it
Reply 59
Original post by SaraMont

Think i might book plaza aswell, you going into first what you studying anyone wanna like share a flat at the plaza dont wanna book and be with boring people if you know what i mean x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending