The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Leeds Met Accommodation 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I am living in opal one at the moment, I've made amazing friends here and it's a very party place to be!
but, when your ill and have uni in the morning (if you do make it in) then you'll have next doors music on until 7am or your flat mates bringing annoying people over and being loud. I go out all the time and i love the party side of things but it's just something to think about. also the living room chairs are like something from a waiting room, really uncomfortable and our flat has been broken into 3 times now. so I personally can't wait to move into a house with my friends.

really think about it before you chose where to live!
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Original post by cvale95
I am living in opal one at the moment, I've made amazing friends here and it's a very party place to be!
but, when your ill and have uni in the morning (if you do make it in) then you'll have next doors music on until 7am or your flat mates bringing annoying people over and being loud. I go out all the time and i love the party side of things but it's just something to think about. also the living room chairs are like something from a waiting room, really uncomfortable and our flat has been broken into 3 times now. so I personally can't wait to move into a house with my friends.

really think about it before you chose where to live!

Whoever's staying in opal is in for a real treat so :tongue:
Reply 82
RIGHT GUYS IM GUNNA PUT A DEPOSIT DOWN ON PLAZA! 100% ANYONE WANNA SHARE A FLAT WITH ME

I LOVE GOING OUT, IM NOT A BORE
I LIKE MY SLEEP LIKE BUT APART FROM THAT I WANNA LIVE WITH GOOD VIBING PEOPLE :smile:

IM STUDYING DANCE IN SEPT
SO ANYONT INTERESTED MESSAGE ME
OR ADD ME ON FACEBOOK

''Jaid Edwards''
xx
I live in opal. I moved there in January But also stayed at my mates in the plaza during the wait to opal. I like them equally. I give pros and cons and make a comparsion.

Plaza
Pros
Bang in middles of everything. Oppositie leeds arena, uni city campus. Few minute walk from train station.
Decent people
Great common room. Got sky, pool tables.
Decent for nightlife
Free gym

Cons
Found the rooms bit too small but that for cheapest option.
Shower bit too small as well
Lot of international students especially lot of chinese students. Not saying it in a bad way but if you live in block d of the plaza and your flatmates are chinese. The chance are you might dislike the smell of the food. That was one of my mate opinion.
Kitchen is decent but no tv and felt bit small.

Opal 1/2
Pros
Good party atmosphere
Chances are you bond or making more mates in opal.
Rooms are bigger size and got bigger toilets.
Kitchen decent size and got a tv i each of them.
I think opal got more students livinv there compared to plaza
Cons
Its just outer parter of town like a further ten to 15 minute walk tbh
Its too loud
Too many gates. Its takes to long to open them.
It feels bit like a prison sometimes with the look of the gates but still makes it safer
No wifi or its might me. But i find it hard to set it if its possible.

There are tours available for these student accommodations. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 84
Original post by clohudx
I'm studying sport and exercise therapy in sept, I think i'm going to apply for Opal. Anyone else?

I'm doing same course and thinking about Mill Street!
Reply 85
Original post by bethmaybury
When I can finally afford/have my last offer, I think I'll go for Kirkstall...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm considering kirkstall, what course are you doing? I'm assuming your studying at headingley?
Reply 86
Hey so I've just made Leeds met my firm, and I'll be at city campus, I want a pretty close accomodation, and a very good social aspect (people interested in partying etc) what halls should I consider?
Reply 87
I'm currently in opal (2) , i would suggest when you apply you put that you are ''very sociable'' to ensure you are put into opal 1 , i put that i was average , thinking that meant going out a couple times a week , however i was put into opal 2 with flatmates who didn't want to go out in freshers which made meeting people and making friends very difficult!

But don't get me wrong opal is really good if you meet the right people! just wish i had been made aware of the difference between 1/2 before i applied!
What are peoples opinions on Carnegie cluster flats?

I like to go out but not all the time as i'm 22 and not as going out obsessed as 18 year olds etc. and any opinions on living there with no car? i know the train station isnt far, as well as the buses and taxis dont cos too much really but any hassle other than that? don't want to get bored & not sure i've made the right choice as I've already been given them for my accomodation!
Reply 89
Im studying nursing at leeds but not 100% sure how i feel about halls, with nursing will have to be up early most days and although i love to party before a 12hour shift on placement it isn't always wise ha. Does anybody no of anyone wanting to house/flat sharing i think this may be better for nursing or do people think i should stick with halls?
Hiya I'm going to be studying sports coaching in leeds this year! I've applied for accommodation for royal park, I've been put on a waiting list for the cluster flats in Carnegie paid my deposit and this was at the end of February and still haven't heard anything since should I be worried? And are any of you going to the application day this Saturday if so I'll see you there after my 4hour long car journey!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Hayley964;46880203"]Im studying nursing at leeds but not 100% sure how i feel about halls, with nursing will have to be up early most days and although i love to party before a 12hour shift on placement it isn't always wise ha. Does anybody no of anyone wanting to house/flat sharing I think this may be better for nursing or do people think i should stick with halls?[/QUOTE

Hey :-) i'm doing nursing too and I've decided to stay in opal, a bit of partying won't hurt :-)
Original post by jrkk15
What are peoples opinions on Carnegie cluster flats?

I like to go out but not all the time as i'm 22 and not as going out obsessed as 18 year olds etc. and any opinions on living there with no car? i know the train station isnt far, as well as the buses and taxis dont cos too much really but any hassle other than that? don't want to get bored & not sure i've made the right choice as I've already been given them for my accomodation!

i booked the cluster flats after visiting all the accommodation and i really liked carnegie.
i like to party but , not obsessed as well but a few drinks down headingly would still be good
Hi I also deferred my place last year to this September to study Fine Art at the broadcasting place! :smile: I've put my deposit down for opal 1 & 2, and selected "outgoing and lively" as I've heard that puts you in opal 1, opal 2 is for the quieter students. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Original post by Vibenation
I live in opal. I moved there in January But also stayed at my mates in the plaza during the wait to opal. I like them equally. I give pros and cons and make a comparsion.

Plaza
Pros
Bang in middles of everything. Oppositie leeds arena, uni city campus. Few minute walk from train station.
Decent people
Great common room. Got sky, pool tables.
Decent for nightlife
Free gym

Cons
Found the rooms bit too small but that for cheapest option.
Shower bit too small as well
Lot of international students especially lot of chinese students. Not saying it in a bad way but if you live in block d of the plaza and your flatmates are chinese. The chance are you might dislike the smell of the food. That was one of my mate opinion.
Kitchen is decent but no tv and felt bit small.

Opal 1/2
Pros
Good party atmosphere
Chances are you bond or making more mates in opal.
Rooms are bigger size and got bigger toilets.
Kitchen decent size and got a tv i each of them.
I think opal got more students livinv there compared to plaza
Cons
Its just outer parter of town like a further ten to 15 minute walk tbh
Its too loud
Too many gates. Its takes to long to open them.
It feels bit like a prison sometimes with the look of the gates but still makes it safer
No wifi or its might me. But i find it hard to set it if its possible.

There are tours available for these student accommodations. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

so whats the best block to live in ? C
not that i dislike international students just i wanna bunch of party people in my flat
Reply 95
hiii! so i went to the applicant day today.. looking to study marketing and advertising management, anyone else? :smile:
went to see mill street and opal 1/2 today and am tornnnN!!??
mill street - loved the rooms, so homely!!
opal one/two - social life amazing but flats were gross!
CANNOT DECIDE.. social life or comfort?
and whats Plaza's social life like?
help!!!
Reply 96
so i'm gonna be applying for opal 1/2 once my dad get's payed, hopefully I'll be put into Opal 1
Original post by tashaplumb
hiii! so i went to the applicant day today.. looking to study marketing and advertising management, anyone else? :smile:
went to see mill street and opal 1/2 today and am tornnnN!!??
mill street - loved the rooms, so homely!!
opal one/two - social life amazing but flats were gross!
CANNOT DECIDE.. social life or comfort?
and whats Plaza's social life like?
help!!!

I went to the the applicant day to! Probably saw you haha, I just went opal one and two but she only showed us opal 2 which was the quieter opal and it was sooooo dirty! The only reason I think this is because of the showers.. It's like the size of 2 average sinks put together plus a curtain, lol dead
Original post by J4id
so whats the best block to live in ? C
not that i dislike international students just i wanna bunch of party people in my flat

Avoid block d or i think c okay havent been there. Block b is the place to be, where the main reception is. That where all the clubbing people at. I think what you put in your peferences when your applying makes a difference. Enjoy your first year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
hey, I've booked a place for opal, although reading the comments I'm worried I'm going to be put with really quiet people. I'm not the type to go out 24/7 but I don't want to be with flat mates that never go out, on my application I think I picked fairly sociable. When I had the tour they only showed up opal 1 and said it was pretty much the same as opal 2.

I originally had sugarwell court chosen because it was £600 cheaper. I walked down to it on the applicant day to see how far it was, and personally I think its too far to walk twice a day, especially if you forget something. So buses and taxis would probably add up to about that much anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending