The Student Room Group

Should I still go to my exam if I know I'm going to fail?

I have an exam in 4 hours in accounting.
I did understand accounting at the start towards the end started to fall behind.
I haven't left myself enough time to study I focused on another on of my more theory exams and didn't leave myself enough time to go over accounting.

It did will in the class test that was towards it and probably have about 20% going into the exam but I don't know if I have enough knowledge to get me through the exam. There is a theory question gonna try an cram all the theory. It's near to impossible to cram accounting...
Is there any point in me even doing the test? maybe I should just wait and do better in the repeat an that way I can get a better grade?
Reply 1
Yes! I can assure you that you have more chance of failing if you don't go. Even if you do badly this time, at least you'll have some indication of how far off of the grade you want to be at.
Reply 2
Cram and try your best, you may do better than you think and otherwise you have learnt from this. Don't avoid the problem. Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
I honestly don't know anything if accounting was theory I might have some chance just gonna look like a fool going in and leaving after 30 minutes.
I went to one I "knew" I was going to fail and passed it good luck you never know yiu might pass

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I have an exam in 4 hours in accounting.
I did understand accounting at the start towards the end started to fall behind.
I haven't left myself enough time to study I focused on another on of my more theory exams and didn't leave myself enough time to go over accounting.

It did will in the class test that was towards it and probably have about 20% going into the exam but I don't know if I have enough knowledge to get me through the exam. There is a theory question gonna try an cram all the theory. It's near to impossible to cram accounting...
Is there any point in me even doing the test? maybe I should just wait and do better in the repeat an that way I can get a better grade?

Which Accounting exam is it? What's your module/topic? Assuming you're a beginner, it might not be so hard to actually learn the amount you need to pass in a few hours.
Reply 6
Original post by RVNmax
Which Accounting exam is it? What's your module/topic? Assuming you're a beginner, it might not be so hard to actually learn the amount you need to pass in a few hours.

It's an accounting module on accruals, depreciation, balance sheets, profit and loss, ledger, one theory question.
I have to leave in like about 45mins can't remember a lot as I have to cram all the different workings. I did know the first 3 topics at some point , just messed up and forgotten . I'll attempt the exam I just know I could've done so much better I wasn't even that bad at accounting . I haven't really understood the ledgers or profit and loss. May just about manage the structure of a balance sheet, the rest I don't know forgotten a lot of my notes I had yesterday to study to just couldn't really understand much.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
It's an accounting module on accruals, depreciation, balance sheets, profit and loss, ledger, one theory question.
I have to leave in like about 45mins can't remember a lot as I have to cram all the different workings. I did know the first 3 topics at some point , just messed up and forgotten . I'll attempt the exam I just know I could've done so much better I wasn't even that bad at accounting . I haven't really understood the ledgers or profit and loss. May just about manage the structure of a balance sheet, the rest I don't know forgotten a lot of my notes I had yesterday to study to just couldn't really understand much.

That's honestly not too bad, you claim you know the balance sheet for example. Just have one quick peek at one again to refresh yourself as well as profit and loss because that's the easiest imo. Then be confident and hope the marks are split to your favour.

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending