The Student Room Group

I'm not sure I have anyone to live with next uni year?

I was planning on living with my two best friends, but one now wants to transfer to a uni at the opposite end of the country and the other is drifting away from me.
I was really interested in getting a studio apartment, but I cannot afford one, even with my loan and part time job.
I don't want to risk living with random people, since I haven't had much luck with that. Last year, my first year, we all hated each other in our flat which wasn't unusual. But one of my flatmates tried to attack me, so we had to be split up. This year, I moved in with two of my best friends and some random girl moved in to fill the spare room. The new girl basically pushed me out, turned my two best friends against me by telling them I'm constantly racist towards her, even though she did her very best to make my life a living hell (I won't explain it all).
I moved out and got placed with two random girls. I love these girls to bits; never met two girls like them before and they'll always be special to me, I just don't want to live with them next year. They are the type of flatmates who never clean, literally left their plates in the sink for two whole months until the flat had insects. I'm not so much a clean freak, but this place gets seriously filthy and I hate it. They are also extremely loud 24/7 and it gets a bit irritating. Don't get me wrong, I love them lots but I just don't want to live with them again or else I could seriously fail my degree.
There is someone I could ask if I could live with them but I feel as if I am intruding/being a burden whatever. I don't exactly know how to ask. Slightly scared of rejection. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Any advice? Like I said I don't exactly want to risk getting random flatmates again, but if I have to then I must. It's just the past three times have put me off understandably...
Original post by Ahava
I was planning on living with my two best friends, but one now wants to transfer to a uni at the opposite end of the country and the other is drifting away from me.
I was really interested in getting a studio apartment, but I cannot afford one, even with my loan and part time job.
I don't want to risk living with random people, since I haven't had much luck with that. Last year, my first year, we all hated each other in our flat which wasn't unusual. But one of my flatmates tried to attack me, so we had to be split up. This year, I moved in with two of my best friends and some random girl moved in to fill the spare room. The new girl basically pushed me out, turned my two best friends against me by telling them I'm constantly racist towards her, even though she did her very best to make my life a living hell (I won't explain it all).
I moved out and got placed with two random girls. I love these girls to bits; never met two girls like them before and they'll always be special to me, I just don't want to live with them next year. They are the type of flatmates who never clean, literally left their plates in the sink for two whole months until the flat had insects. I'm not so much a clean freak, but this place gets seriously filthy and I hate it. They are also extremely loud 24/7 and it gets a bit irritating. Don't get me wrong, I love them lots but I just don't want to live with them again or else I could seriously fail my degree.
There is someone I could ask if I could live with them but I feel as if I am intruding/being a burden whatever. I don't exactly know how to ask. Slightly scared of rejection. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Any advice? Like I said I don't exactly want to risk getting random flatmates again, but if I have to then I must. It's just the past three times have put me off understandably...

Just explain your situation to the person you want to ask. The worst they can do is say "no". If you don't ask you'll be stuck with randomers again.
Reply 2
Original post by Ahava

My housemates are exactly the same, but a lot of Uni students are like that. Who's to say the next random housemates won't be similar or worse? You have two good friends it seems, so stick with them. and maybe have words about the distracting noise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending