likeamotownbeat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm supposed to be making my A Level choices next week and I'm stuck choosing between them. I'm not looking to do maths or any sciences because I do not enjoy them at all. The definite A Levels I've chosen are English Literature and History. The other two I'm not sure about but the three I'm considering are French, Moving Image Arts and Psychology. I have to pick 4 A Levels; I'm thinking about maybe doing a history degree, english literature with creative writing degree or a film studies degree with english literature. Right now I'm sitting with an A/A* in history, A in english and A in French.

French I enjoy but I'm dreading the amount of work it involves. History I love and it's my favourite subject. English literature I also love and enjoy the classes. The other subjects aren't offered as GCSEs at my school, only A Levels.

Which subjects would be most useful/enjoyable out of psychology, moving image arts and French?
Jkizer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by chloeohare98)
I'm supposed to be making my A Level choices next week and I'm stuck choosing between them. I'm not looking to do maths or any sciences because I do not enjoy them at all. The definite A Levels I've chosen are English Literature and History. The other two I'm not sure about but the three I'm considering are French, Moving Image Arts and Psychology. I have to pick 4 A Levels; I'm thinking about maybe doing a history degree, english literature with creative writing degree or a film studies degree with english literature. Right now I'm sitting with an A/A* in history, A in english and A in French.

French I enjoy but I'm dreading the amount of work it involves. History I love and it's my favourite subject. English literature I also love and enjoy the classes. The other subjects aren't offered as GCSEs at my school, only A Levels.

Which subjects would be most useful/enjoyable out of psychology, moving image arts and French?
You got 2 very good choices already.
I do psychology and whilst the exam doesn't throw much 'unexpected' questions, its quite a bit of memorising. You will find you will have to write an essay (not too long for AS) and basically regurgitate the points. But its quite an interesting subject, fairly new to most people and is one of the most popular taken subjects at a level.

French is quite a big step up from gcse. You'll be expected to speak and write french to a good standard from your head. In the speaking exam, you will be asked a question which you get a bit of time to prepare for a 5 minute ish talk (so difference being you do not know the question). Writing / listening / reading are all in 1 exam. Whilst reading and listening are similar to gcse, writing you will be asked a question and just write an essay on it.

Art i do not know much, but i hear theres A LOT of coursework o.O

I would say French and Psychology are good, but you may want to swap one of them for Art to give yourself a bit of breathing space outside the essays!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (130)
29.89%
No (305)
70.11%

Watched Threads