The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry practical assessment (OCR) tips??

I have a practical assessment coming up soon, and since practicals are my biggest weakness in chemistry, does anyone have any tips/advice on approaching these assessments? I am particularly interested in advice on the qualitative task (e.g. which topics should I revise, how I should approach questions etc).

Thanks!
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
i am looking for exactly the same info and i posted a question too on this but no one bothered replying
but what I can tell u is that a found this link for a specimen paper have a go at going through the paper
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/70645-unit-f323-practical-skills-in-chemistry-1-qualitative-task-specimen.pdf
Reply 3
Original post by PhRose
i am looking for exactly the same info and i posted a question too on this but no one bothered replying
but what I can tell u is that a found this link for a specimen paper have a go at going through the paper
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/70645-unit-f323-practical-skills-in-chemistry-1-qualitative-task-specimen.pdf

Thanks, that was useful- my assessment is in 2 days! :redface:
Reply 4
If a precipitate forms, then do we write "a yellow precipitate forms" or "a yellow precipitate forms in the new blue solution" (if let's say the colour of the liquid turns blue with a yellow precipitate forming)?
Reply 5
I would write "a yellow precipitate forms and the solution changes color to blue", but it doesn't have to be correct in this particular case.

Quick Reply

Latest