The Student Room Group

Valentine's day message

I'm planning on buying a Valentine's gift for girl I've secretly loved for years, but I'm not going to say who it's from because, frankly, she's way out of my league and I'd feel awkward and uncomfortable if I did.

I still want to get her something nice to make her feel special and appreciated though, and also I want to write a message in the gift card that will touch her heart and make her feel loved. The message needs to be short however because the card has limited space. Suggestions appreciated.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Thats a little stalkerish imo. Just be a man and go tell her face to face :smile:
Just out of curiosity, how do you plan on giving her your gift?
Reply 3
Original post by Secretnerd123
Thats a little stalkerish imo. Just be a man and go tell her face to face :smile:

i agree wholeheartedly just tell her
Reply 4
Original post by Secretnerd123

Not exactly what I was going for. :erm:

But I can't tell her in person, it'd make me feel awkward, it'd probably make her feel awkward, and it might well ruin our friendship.
Reply 5
Original post by Mia_baines
Just out of curiosity, how do you plan on giving her your gift?

I was thinking about leaving it on her doorstep early in the morning, or maybe posting it through the letterbox if it'll fit.
Original post by joseon
Not exactly what I was going for. :erm:

But I can't tell her in person, it'd make me feel awkward, it'd probably make her feel awkward, and it might well ruin our friendship.

The message itself is good. It's short, but actually really nice :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by CJG21
The message itself is good. It's short, but actually really nice :smile:

Really?!

Well thank you very much, that's kind of you to say. I hope she thinks so too. :smile:
It's over a month away- you certainly plan ahead!
Original post by joseon
I was thinking about leaving it on her doorstep early in the morning, or maybe posting it through the letterbox if it'll fit.

okaay well, good luck if you're feeling confident about this. What if someone sees you?
But you should post a thread about how it went come Feb.14th :smile:

oh and its a good idea. Very romantic. I'm sure she'd be pleased.
Reply 10
Original post by joseon

A guy once left flowers on my doorstep late at night, and I never found out who it was. It freaked me out quite badly, although that was partly because I hadn't told anyone I'd come back from uni for the week.
This probably wont end well. Romantic gestures from a stranger are always pretty weird.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by syrettd
A guy once left flowers on my doorstep late at night, and I never found out who it was. It freaked me out quite badly, although that was partly because I hadn't told anyone I'd come back from uni for the week.

Do you not think it's a good idea then? As I said, my intent is to make her feel special and loved.. the last thing I want to do is scare her!
I think that's quite sweet. I always wanted something like that to happen to me when I was younger (hell, it'd be nice now).
Reply 14

But you should post a thread about how it went come Feb.14th :smile:

If I go through with it I certainly will.

oh and its a good idea. Very romantic. I'm sure she'd be pleased.

I'm starting to wonder if it is such a good idea now with people saying it's stalkerish and might scare her. :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by joseon
Do you not think it's a good idea then? As I said, my intent is to make her feel special and loved.. the last thing I want to do is scare her!

I think the point of my story is just that you should beware that she might see it as really romantic, or she might be freaked out by it. I don't know her, so I couldn't guess how she'd react.

I think the message is nice though, the flowers I was left just had my name. I reckon I'd have been flattered if there'd been a sweet message.
Original post by joseon
If I go through with it I certainly will.

I'm starting to wonder if it is such a good idea now with people saying it's stalkerish and might scare her. :frown:

well, in the event she does find it stalkerish, look on the bright side, she wouldnt know it was from you :biggrin:
i doubt she would.
"Dear [insert name here],

I wish I had the confidence to express how my strong my feelings are for you, I hope with all the love in my heart that you have a 'lovely' day and feel special, because you are the most [list reasons why/what you like about her here] ...
I hope that one day I will win your affections, and, when that day comes, I will never let you forget how lucky I am to be with a girl like you. I will never stop trying to make myself good enough for you,

With all my love,

Anon. " Xxxx

I hate it when boys say "you can do so much better than me" etc etc If you really want her then make yourself better for her! Be the 'better' person she deserves.
Good luck! (Sorry about the cheesyness....I study english so, DONT JUDGE, ok?...)
wish you all the best, she's lucky :smile:
Reply 18
well, in the event she does find it stalkerish, look on the bright side, she wouldnt know it was from you :biggrin:
i doubt she would.

Well yeah but I don't want her to be scared!

In fact, if she did freak out I might have to tell her it was me to put her mind at rest.
Reply 19
Original post by puella_optima
"Dear [insert name here],

I wish I had the confidence to express how my strong my feelings are for you, I hope with all the love in my heart that you have a 'lovely' day and feel special, because you are the most [list reasons why/what you like about her here] ...
I hope that one day I will win your affections, and, when that day comes, I will never let you forget how lucky I am to be with a girl like you. I will never stop trying to make myself good enough for you,

With all my love,

Anon. " Xxxx

I hate it when boys say "you can do so much better than me" etc etc If you really want her then make yourself better for her! Be the 'better' person she deserves.
Good luck! (Sorry about the cheesyness....I study english so, DONT JUDGE, ok?...)
wish you all the best, she's lucky :smile:

With respect I actually think his original message was better; it says everything yours does but more concisely and eloquently, just my opinion.

OP She could take it either way; some girls would love it and feel really flattered, others would feel creeped out and like they were being watched. It's a risk, but almost everything worthwhile is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending