blondyx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has done a short course on CBT or counselling? I was thinking about doing one that takes up to a few months to complete. It seems like they are a couple of hundred pounds.

I would really like to learn more and get a qualification without having to do anything major like University. I am a mental health support worker so something like this will be really benficial for me at work and personal life. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
laura1moxon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi all, i was wandering if anybody is doing cbt diploma with the centre of excellence?
i thought it would be great to chat with others and help with ideas and assignments, i am not a confident person and sometimes need motivating to get past my next assignment.
shezzy03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi

Was wondering where you're up to? I am half way through the first asignment and feel like its a harder than i expected.
Findlay6
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I trained to be a general counsellor.
It's not cheap and is very time-consuming. Any decent course will expect you to be volunteering/working alongside the course (in a counselling role) to earn 100 hours of "client hours" which will be part of your assessment, you'd also be expected to attend your own self-funded supervision for your own mental health and for "personal development" which again, is usually assessed.
CBT is a specific branch of counselling too (there's lots of different styles).

Have a look on the BACP or BPS website - these institutions set the guidelines in which you'd work as a counseller and will only 'accredit' you if you've qualified at one of their "accredited courses".

I've seen a few college courses that offer counselling, but you'd have to start at Level 1/2, then do level 3, and level 4 (degree equivalent) before you'd be able to practice. If you just want to learn basic counselling skills, a level 1/2 course is advisory but they may teach you person-centered approach rather than CBT.
Chazmoomin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by laura1moxon)
Hi all, i was wandering if anybody is doing cbt diploma with the centre of excellence?
i thought it would be great to chat with others and help with ideas and assignments, i am not a confident person and sometimes need motivating to get past my next assignment.
Hi im doing my final essay and im a but stuck, where have you got to?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (283)
15.25%
Uncertainty around my education (291)
15.68%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (184)
9.91%
Isolating with family (131)
7.06%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (86)
4.63%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (154)
8.3%
Loneliness (185)
9.97%
Financial worries (77)
4.15%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (171)
9.21%
Exposure to negative news/social media (132)
7.11%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (162)
8.73%

Watched Threads