Can't sleep?

Watch
User995789
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey there,

Sleep is obviously essential to repair and grow muscle, but when you can't really sleep it becomes a hassle.
How much sleep is ideal?

Any tips on how to sleep ?
username1201943
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Try staying active during the day so that you're tired at night. That way you'll be able to sleep quickly. Works for me
afc1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
8 hours seems to be a good time to aim for, getting in to a regular routine is essential. I find sleeping a real struggle if I have a irregular pattern.
kfcisopen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I share your problems, Try waking up earlier and generally doing as much activities as possible in the day, also don't eat dinner too late ie later than 6
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have the same problem too
Shawshank
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
People obviously have different issues but here are some general problems:

- Room not dark enough (huge issue for some, not for others)
- Poor pre-sleep routine i.e. going straight from bright computer screen to trying to go to sleep (get flux for your screen http://justgetflux.com/)
- Mind too active. Could be numerous reasons as to why, deadlines looming, personal issues etc that play on your mind where you can't "switch off". You could try medititation? Try to focus on the feeling of your breath in & out & that's it, it can help get your mind off things bothering you.
- Body tension. Most people have really **** body awareness & think they're relaxed when they aren't. Try taking a deep breath, tensing everything up, then breathing out & letting everything go. Srsly feels nice.
- Get up @ exactly the same time each day.
- No carbs after 6pm. (Not srs)
KingGym
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Fap before sleeping, some test will be lost and less gains for muscles after workout but you will fall asleep faster.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads