Sleep is obviously essential to repair and grow muscle, but when you can't really sleep it becomes a hassle.
How much sleep is ideal?
Any tips on how to sleep ?
- Room not dark enough (huge issue for some, not for others)
- Poor pre-sleep routine i.e. going straight from bright computer screen to trying to go to sleep (get flux for your screen http://justgetflux.com/)
- Mind too active. Could be numerous reasons as to why, deadlines looming, personal issues etc that play on your mind where you can't "switch off". You could try medititation? Try to focus on the feeling of your breath in & out & that's it, it can help get your mind off things bothering you.
- Body tension. Most people have really **** body awareness & think they're relaxed when they aren't. Try taking a deep breath, tensing everything up, then breathing out & letting everything go. Srsly feels nice.
- Get up @ exactly the same time each day.
- No carbs after 6pm. (Not srs)