?
Report 7 years ago
Content easy enough, but there were a lot of suggestion questions
Sharpshooter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Essay question was good, some questions pretty hard though. I think I lost around 20 marks (hopefully no more than 25). Do you think the UMS will be scaled higher or lower this time? If its much higher I'm screwed. If it remains around 80% raw marks for 80% UMS then I might have a chance of getting it.
Whisht
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Essay was perfect like it could have been alot worse What did you get for the microscope yoke? A=Myofibril and B=nuclei?
Sharpshooter
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Whisht)
Essay was perfect like it could have been alot worse What did you get for the microscope yoke? A=Myofibril and B=nuclei?
I put A = Muscle fibre, B = Nucleus. Yours is right, I knew it was Myo- something then had a bit of a brain fart couldn't remember what it was. Went with Muscle fibre which was wrong I know.

Was the answer to 1(d) on the first page, stereoscopic vision or binocular vision?

I wasn't too sure for part (b) of the essay of what exactly they wanted. Describe what Homeostasis was (couple of sentences), then start talking about ADH being released from the pituitary gland (stimulated from the osmoreceptors) making walls of the distal convoluted tubules and collecting ducts permeable to water when the blood is concentrated etc and all that malarky?
Bumblebee2912
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I got myofibril and nuclei also. What did people write for reasons horse had several types of antibodies? And see for the sand dune question about describing and explaining the trends, did people say the max and min biodiversity and why or did you say species a succeeds species B etc? I talked more about the increase and decrease in biodiversity but i don't know if that was right. Also I said stereoscopic vision.
RyanMcStravick
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I said for the horse - it had had previous pathogens and thus had retained memory antibodies, the other reason was that it was a different species so the immune response would be different and it may produce different antibodies for the same pathogen- ( prob should know this for wanting to be a vet). I said stereoscopic vision.I said myofibril and mitochondria for the micrograph. Oops.
Sharpshooter
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you say Nucleus instead of Nuclei would you lose the mark? FFS that would be my luck.

Whats people recommendation on scoring highly on CCEA Biology? I can get A's easily in Maths, Physics and Chemistry but I'm struggling with Biology, scrapped a B at AS1! I usually revise the whole CCEA book off by heart and do a "few" past papers although many others are telling me I should be doing 8-10 if possible to learn from exam technique.
Bumblebee2912
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RyanMcStravick)
I said for the horse - it had had previous pathogens and thus had retained memory antibodies, the other reason was that it was a different species so the immune response would be different and it may produce different antibodies for the same pathogen- ( prob should know this for wanting to be a vet). I said stereoscopic vision.I said myofibril and mitochondria for the micrograph. Oops.
I said for the horse that it has been given an injection containing antibodies by a vet recently to prevent a horse specific disease. I also said what you said about being exposed previosuly to microbes and having memory and antibody cells present.
Whisht
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Holy ****:L Didn't think there was another person in the world with this problem everything else is grand its just the wee bits for biology
Nucleus should be grand if they don't allow that there should be digs
Whisht
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Want to be a vet myself and was laughing at the horse question Here mitochondria should be grand too? they are in muscles somehwere:L
RyanMcStravick
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh what did people say about the data not being for global warming? I used BMAT logical haha said scope of data couldn't infer for whole globe since data just for northern hemisphere hahaha lol fail
RainbowVeins
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh what did people say about the data not being for global warming? I used BMAT logical haha said scope of data couldn't infer for whole globe since data just for northern hemisphere hahaha lol fail
OMG I used BMAT logic too- correlation does not imply causation hahaha. For the muscle thing I put down muscle fibre and nucleus (oops)
But here is a TEM photo pretty similar to the one on the exam, it mentioned both myofibril and muscle fibres, so I don't know :/

Link: http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/303117/view

(Not too sure how to link pics directly, sorry )
Bumblebee2912
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I said it could be the reverse that global warming was causing increase in metabolic rate of organisms which means more respiration and increased co2 production.
Sharpshooter
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bumblebee2912)
I said it could be the reverse that global warming was causing increase in metabolic rate of organisms which means more respiration and increased co2 production.
Exactly what I said, straight from the CCEA book.

Began with there could be a causal relationship but it doesn't mean CO2 causes global warming, it could be that.... and stated would you said.

What did people say for the neurone diagram? I put A) Schwann cells B) Axon, realising A maybe could have been Myelin sheath also, bleh....
Bumblebee2912
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sharpshooter)
Exactly what I said, straight from the CCEA book.

Began with there could be a causal relationship but it doesn't mean CO2 causes global warming, it could be that.... and stated would you said.

What did people say for the neurone diagram? I put A) Schwann cells B) Axon, realising A maybe could have been Myelin sheath also, bleh....
I said myelin sheath I'd say they would give the mark for schwann cells though!
jackanator
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What did you guys answer to the question about the axon in the worm, and when the worm experiences pressure? Thanks
MatthewEllis96
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jackanator)
What did you guys answer to the question about the axon in the worm, and when the worm experiences pressure? Thanks
I said that as the axon was giant, there would be a higher axon diameter so speed of transmission would be faster allowing the worm to move more quickly/react faster.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (396)
56.33%
I don't have everything I need (307)
43.67%

Watched Threads