_Rosé_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So...I'm horrible at this. Honestly, it's really depressing I can't seem to retain information and revision has been going poorly. Have only about a week to really learn things. Anyone know what particular areas of EU law I should be focusing on for the exam?
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
ArBell
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd say supremacy, direct and indirect effect and state liability are the easiest choices when you are face to timing constraints. Law making would be an option, as long as it isn't combined with internal market. The movement of goods and persons topics are off bound if you have a week to remember the cases, there are just too many. Check if you can bring a statute book in the exam, and work on it!
_Rosé_
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArBell)
I'd say supremacy, direct and indirect effect and state liability are the easiest choices when you are face to timing constraints. Law making would be an option, as long as it isn't combined with internal market. The movement of goods and persons topics are off bound if you have a week to remember the cases, there are just too many. Check if you can bring a statute book in the exam, and work on it!
I'm really good at memorizing things, it's just that I'd feel a lot more confident if I knew what sort of areas are more commonly done in examinations. Like, with Labour law it was obvious the Equality Act 2010, Employee Status and Unfair & Wrongful dismissal would come up due to the emphasis all of my books and past papers put on them, though unfortunately with EU the lecturer has just been utterly rubbish and stated several times he was going to make EU law hard for us.

So far I've got Supremacy, Direct and Indirect effect and state liability down pretty well, and should get free movements down, is there anything else? What all is worth just skipping?
ArBell
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by _Rosé_)
I'm really good at memorizing things, it's just that I'd feel a lot more confident if I knew what sort of areas are more commonly done in examinations. Like, with Labour law it was obvious the Equality Act 2010, Employee Status and Unfair & Wrongful dismissal would come up due to the emphasis all of my books and past papers put on them, though unfortunately with EU the lecturer has just been utterly rubbish and stated several times he was going to make EU law hard for us.

So far I've got Supremacy, Direct and Indirect effect and state liability down pretty well, and should get free movements down, is there anything else? What all is worth just skipping?
Are you doing an LLB? How many questions are you meant to answer? How many hours do you get to answer it? From my syllabus, you have already covered 4 topics, and we only need to answer 3, so you would be safe if you were at my uni! Supremacy, direct/indirect effect [sometimes mixed with state liability], law making, movement of goods, movement of persons are usually in all exams!
_Rosé_
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArBell)
Are you doing an LLB? How many questions are you meant to answer? How many hours do you get to answer it? From my syllabus, you have already covered 4 topics, and we only need to answer 3, so you would be safe if you were at my uni! Supremacy, direct/indirect effect [sometimes mixed with state liability], law making, movement of goods, movement of persons are usually in all exams!
I'm a second year law student, doing the LLB. I'm just worried since our essay was on supremacy and we have to most definitely learn the history of the EU for the multiple choice questions, and then answer unspecified amount of questions (I think 2-3) for 3 hours. The lecturer was a massive prick more concerned with yelling at single moms and people that missed lectures due to childcare than actually prepping us for the exam. Whenever I asked him to sort of point me in the direction as to what sort of thing the exams wanted from us, he'd accuse me of trying to 'come on to him' and 'cheating' amongst other things. I kept trying to explain to him that I struggled with the subject and needed him to define the boundaries of my study, but he just kept insisting I was coming onto his ugly ass.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (18)
9.23%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (121)
62.05%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (27)
13.85%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (25)
12.82%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (4)
2.05%

Watched Threads