Hindu people under attack in Bangladesh for voting

Watch
dogra
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
http://globalvoicesonline.org/2014/0...ime-of-voting/
Minority groups in Bangladesh, especially Hindus, have become easy targets for anti-vote activists following the country's tense 10 national parliamentary elections. Homes and other properties have been attacked, torched or vandalized, and many have been forced to live under open sky in the meantime.
dogra
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
http://www.dnaindia.com/world/report...rities-1946288
Human rights groups and Hindu leaders in Bangladesh today demanded more security for religious minorities amid reports that members of the community were attacked in several parts of the country during elections.

Activists of main opposition Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) and its key-ally fundamentalist Jamaat-e-Islami attacked Hindu households in western Jessore and northwestern Dinajpur, local media reports said. The Daily Star and several other newspapers said the activists vandalised 130 Hindu houses and torched another 10 in Malopara village as they went to cast votes defying the opposition call for the boycott.
Ggmu!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I had read about this, very sad . They won't stop until Hindus cease to exist in their country.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Darkstar_rising
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Jamaat-e-islami and BNP whose leaders were convicted of war crimes in 1971? I'm not surprised. I am a Bengali Muslim and I am ashamed of how some of my countrymen (especially islamic extremists) have began to deprive the rights of these people.

Yes, they may follow a different religion, have different creeds and have a different lifestyle to maybe the majority of people in BD, but no, they are no less than Bengalis and even more importantly, they are no less than humans, so why should we take away their right to vote? Or kill them? Or vandalise their property?

Please do not blame the country or the majority of it's people as in general it is quite a nice place, given that it's run by the correct government. I only wish that one day it IS run by the correct government and we can have peace between the majority and the minority...

From a guy from BD
Ganhad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Darkstar_rising)
Jamaat-e-islami and BNP whose leaders were convicted of war crimes in 1971? I'm not surprised. I am a Bengali Muslim and I am ashamed of how some of my countrymen (especially islamic extremists) have began to deprive the rights of these people.

Yes, they may follow a different religion, have different creeds and have a different lifestyle to maybe the majority of people in BD, but no, they are no less than Bengalis and even more importantly, they are no less than humans, so why should we take away their right to vote? Or kill them? Or vandalise their property?

Please do not blame the country or the majority of it's people as in general it is quite a nice place, given that it's run by the correct government. I only wish that one day it IS run by the correct government and we can have peace between the majority and the minority...

From a guy from BD
jamat e islami? seriously why are any of these people still alive? fakin biharis should go to their beloved pakistan/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (121)
28.27%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.32%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.63%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.35%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.44%

Watched Threads