The Student Room Group

LSE Law Applicant 2014

has anyone been accepted/rejected from London School of Economics for law? If rejected what was the reason?
Original post by RCM123
has anyone been accepted/rejected from London School of Economics for law? If rejected what was the reason?

I think they send out the same email to all rejected applicants (i was rejected on the 19th of December). And some people have been accepted into LSE for law - check out www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/law_offers_2014

After a thorough review of your application to study LLB in Laws at LSE, I am sorry to tell you that it is not possible to offer you admission for the 2014/5 academic year.

The feedback we have received from the Admissions Selector indicates that your application was unsuccessful because in their opinion your personal statement did not demonstrate as much interest in, or focus on, the LLB in Laws programme when compared to the personal statements received from other similar applicants.

Applicants are expected to demonstrate commitment, provide evidence of appropriate understanding and preparation and give valid reasons for their programme choice in the personal statement.

Academic staff expect to see a well-written personal statement which provides succinct, clear evidence of understanding and preparation for the further study of their subject. Unfortunately they did not find your Personal Statement sufficiently convincing for you to be offered a place at LSE.

Due to the level of competition for admission to the School, the quality of the personal statement is an important part of our admissions criteria.
Reply 2
Original post by iamyourmum
x

Actually I know someone who had a killer PS but got a rejection in early Jan because his subject combination at A-Levels did not demonstrate the best skill set for a law degree.

S'far as I know, most people who receive rejections around November-December of the cycle genuinely have really crappy PSes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending