Why does nobody care anyone about Planet Earth, have we given up??

Watch
eat ur food boy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
We are all aware that planet Earth is warming due to global warming and is being ****ted/raped (on )by mankind, we pollute the sky from pumping gas/waste from our cars, homes, factories, planes, e.t.c.

We burn / cut down forests and now only a small percentage of forests remain and what forest is left is under threat, we hunt animals to extinction or critical condition, we mine and frack land resulting in earthquakes, we overfish and destroy reefs through dynamite techniques, we turn greenbelt land into areas for sewage and pipeline waste , we pump human sh it and wee into the ocean, we are replacing deserts with buildings, we blow up mountains and so on...........

More and more polluting factories are bung built, anything build from now n will continue to smoke for decades to come causing irreversible climate change.

Now Gas/oil giant Shell and other huge companies are preparing to drill the arctic, this is fully taking advantage of the ice melt as them ore it melts the more easily shell can drill.

Whenever I Talk to the outside world about it they just say they have other thins to be bothered about and they actually say they don't give a crap, why is this?

is it because the planet is now beyond help?
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why don't you go and look at the British countryside and come back and tell me nobody cares.

Posted from TSR Mobile
eat ur food boy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Why don't you go and look at the British countryside and come back and tell me nobody cares.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what do you mean please?
Solarburst
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
'No one cares'

Name:  image.png
Views: 193
Size:  202.0 KB
TheRedPineapple
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
People care, but there are few other options. Would you give up your car and cycle 30 mins everyday to work. Or invest money in public transport which can be very costly. The planet is important to the majority of people, but the regular daily lives of working people means that the Earth is, unfortunately, put at a lower priority.

More options are needed, and therefore the people in power should invest in greater Green technology; but of course this may mean restricting public funds in Healthcare and other sectors. It would be nice to have greater involvement in entrepreneurs/engineers to get involved in discovering new and more efficient means of green technology.
Double Agent
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
People respond to things that affect their direct lives instantly. IE the economy, if they lose their job, or petrol prices soar etc. They are therefore less inclined to worry about species going extinct or sea levels rising in places they havent got any connection to.
jalebii
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I guess they just want to learn the hard way...
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by eat ur food boy)
what do you mean please?
Lots have people have made a lot of effort to preserves our countryside's natural beauty and furthermore to protects both it's flora and fauna.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (199)
43.74%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (51)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.69%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (96)
21.1%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (47)
10.33%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.93%

Watched Threads