The Student Room Group

Likely to get offers?

Applying for history course got BBCC as grades and predicted only predicted BBB,feel I will achieve above that however. Chances of getting any offers form kcl, east anglia, reading, royal holloway and Southampton? Any previous experiences stories? Entry requirements are AAA, AAB, ABB, ABB, ABB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello,

Firstly your grades are strong, so that's a good start.

I think that you could potentially get offers that are ABB as you are only one grade below the entry requirements.

Generally the rules is that you should apply to universities one grade BELOW (BBC), EQUAL (BBB) and one above (ABB). Anything higher than one grade above (AAB) you are unlikely to be offered a place unless you have a very strong Personal Statement and References.

This principle is particularly true of History (even more so at the institutions you've listed) due to the popularity of the course.

GOOD LUCK!
Reply 2
Original post by justanothertechie
Hello,

Firstly your grades are strong, so that's a good start.

I think that you could potentially get offers that are ABB as you are only one grade below the entry requirements.

Generally the rules is that you should apply to universities one grade BELOW (BBC), EQUAL (BBB) and one above (ABB). Anything higher than one grade above (AAB) you are unlikely to be offered a place unless you have a very strong Personal Statement and References.

This principle is particularly true of History (even more so at the institutions you've listed) due to the popularity of the course.

GOOD LUCK!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Dank108
Applying for history course got BBCC as grades and predicted only predicted BBB,feel I will achieve above that however. Chances of getting any offers form kcl, east anglia, reading, royal holloway and Southampton? Any previous experiences stories? Entry requirements are AAA, AAB, ABB, ABB, ABB

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would have to agree with justanothertechie, I think you really need at least one BBB and BBC choice so you have a good insurance, grades can go down as well as up at A2. I had ABB at AS and ended up with BCC at A2. Personally I would take Kings out as I think thats too ambitious. And I assume your aware the Southampton offer is only ABB if your taking the extended project?
Too many 'high' choices. With those AS grades and those predictions you wont get offers from anywhere asking above ABB, and even ABB is a stretch. History is VERY competitive and top Unis like these will have no problem filling places - they don't need to be 'kind' to anyone well below the required grades.

You might get an offer for ABB - buts thats what the offer will be, ABB. So if you don't think you can actually get that an application is a total waste of time. You need at least 2 BBB choices or below to have any chance of having enough offers to make a realistic Firm and Insurance choice. With the choices you've got you risk 5 straight rejections.
Reply 5
Original post by returnmigrant
Too many 'high' choices. With those AS grades and those predictions you wont get offers from anywhere asking above ABB, and even ABB is a stretch. History is VERY competitive and top Unis like these will have no problem filling places - they don't need to be 'kind' to anyone well below the required grades.

You might get an offer for ABB - buts thats what the offer will be, ABB. So if you don't think you can actually get that an application is a total waste of time. You need at least 2 BBB choices or below to have any chance of having enough offers to make a realistic Firm and Insurance choice. With the choices you've got you risk 5 straight rejections.

Lol you were wrong, got two offers, one from Holloway ABB and one from East Anglia AAB.
Reply 6
i think whether or not you get offers, theres no point in getting offers of you can't meet them
nonethless work hard and good luck, and congrats on any you got so far
Reply 7
Apply for 2-3 of ABBs but to be honest anything above that will be a long shot. Keep at least 2 at BBB and make sure they are two unis that you want to go to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending