The Student Room Group

What did you get in your mocks (GCSE)?

Recently. I got my GCSE mock grades back. I am okay with them but I could definitely do better. but here is my results
Maths - A (actual)
English language- they gave me a B, but according to the actual marks scheme from AQA, I got an A. they adjusted the boundaries so unrealistically in the English department
English Literature- Even worse. They said i got a D in the poetry exam, and then i check online and I actually got B. They kept the modern text grade boundary the same at least.
Biology- A
Chemistry-A
Physics- A*
History- A*
RS-A
ICT-A*
French-B
Latin-C
Art- B/A
Statistics-???
Citizenship- A*
I am happy with these results, except for English as it has basically been unfairly rigged. I will need to work harder though, I only did proper revision a night before, which is not very good
Yeah, so what did you get? Are you happy with them?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
4a* 3a 2b c

i got

5a* 4a and b
I sat a real GCSE English Language exam in November and got an A. I also resat my maths to try and get an A* (which I did)
These are my mock results:
Biology: A
Chemistry: A*
English Literature: B (1 mark off an A :mad: )
French Listening:B
French Reading: A
History: A
Music: C (Music GCSE is the devil and no body should EVER take it for GCSE!)
Physics: A*
Statistics: A

I hope to move all my grades up by 1 by the real exams (apart from the ones that can't) then I will be happy.

What are your aims by May/June?
Reply 3
This might not be completely relevant to the thread but how many of you guys had proper study leave for your mocks? I'm currently doing them now and my school seems to be the only one doing that. It's pretty nice but it makes me wonder if they're more important than people put across.
Reply 4
Original post by Emily-97
This might not be completely relevant to the thread but how many of you guys had proper study leave for your mocks? I'm currently doing them now and my school seems to be the only one doing that. It's pretty nice but it makes me wonder if they're more important than people put across.

Sat my maths and got an a, resat for an a* and got an a again!:mad::mad:
English language-A*
English literature-A
Biology-A*
Physics-A
Chemistry-A
History-A
French-B
Computing-B
Maths-A (actual)
Maths C1 AS level- C
Did no revision but I know i can definitely do better if I revised thoroughly, also how do you have study leave so early!? My school certainly wont start till early may.

My school have told us that if we are seriously ill during the exam season and cannot sit out exams they are allowed to enter our mocks if they were done under controlled situations and were genuine past papers (that had not been modified etc. I don't know if that's entirely true though. I wish we could have had a proper study leave, nobody has even explained how it will work at my school. Then again my school doesn't explain anything!
Reply 6
Original post by Ogmios97
English language-A*
English literature-A
Biology-A*
Physics-A
Chemistry-A
History-A
French-B
Computing-B
Maths-A (actual)
Maths C1 AS level- C
Did no revision but I know i can definitely do better if I revised thoroughly, also how do you have study leave so early!? My school certainly wont start till early may.

Oh, that's still really good already, don't worry :biggrin: Are these your mocks or the real thing?
And nooo, I'm taking about study leave for mocks, not the real exams already! I was just asking because it seemed unusual that my school bothers, although it's really nice they do!
Reply 7
10 A* 1A
Original post by Padwas
4a* 3a 2b c

i got

5a* 4a and b

Those are excellent grades, well done :smile:.
Reply 9
Original post by lucindatownsend
My school have told us that if we are seriously ill during the exam season and cannot sit out exams they are allowed to enter our mocks if they were done under controlled situations and were genuine past papers (that had not been modified etc. I don't know if that's entirely true though. I wish we could have had a proper study leave, nobody has even explained how it will work at my school. Then again my school doesn't explain anything!

I've heard this thing about using your mocks instead in extreme circumstances, but I was so sure it was a rumour! Your school actually told you that?
And yeah, weird, right? It's quite lucky though because it gives me more time and I'm hoping to transfer next year so good mocks would be helpful. When were yours?
Original post by lucindatownsend
I sat a real GCSE English Language exam in November and got an A. I also resat my maths to try and get an A* (which I did)
These are my mock results:
Biology: A
English Literature: B (1 mark off an A :mad: )
French Listening:B
French Reading: A
History: A
Music: C (Music GCSE is the devil and no body should EVER take it for GCSE!)
Physics: A*

I hope to move all my grades up by 1 by the real exams (apart from the ones that can't) then I will be happy.

What are your aims by May/June?

I sat the exam in November in hopes of getting A* but unfortunately it didn't happen, but at least I tried. I hope get a mixture of A/A* hopefully no Bs. i haven't set specific target but I will study very hard
Reply 11
Oh, that's still really good already, don't worry :biggrin: Are these your mocks or the real thing?
And nooo, I'm taking about study leave for mocks, not the real exams already! I was just asking because it seemed unusual that my school bothers, although it's really nice they do!

Ohh lol, got a bit muddled up :s-smilie: Your school is extremely generous, I was forced to do p.e before my history mock! The only exam I sat in november was Maths and I made no improvement... but I'm comfortable with those grades.
I recently had my mocks too, I didn't revise which I sort of regret for some subjects haha.
English Language: A
English Literature: A*
Mathematics: B
Chemistry: A
Biology: A*
Physics: B
History: B
R.E: C
Business: A*
French: A
I'm happy with my English, Chemistry, Biology and business grades because these are the options that I have chosen for college.
English language-A*
English literature-A
Biology-A*
Physics-A
Chemistry-A
History-A
French-B
Computing-B
Maths-A (actual)
Maths C1 AS level- C

We are on the same boat, i did the maths exam again to get an A*, i guess i will try harder in A-level. But Well done on your grades. I will study so much harder, the night before it not very effective at all
Reply 14
Ohh lol, got a bit muddled up :s-smilie: Your school is extremely generous, I was forced to do p.e before my history mock! The only exam I sat in november was Maths and I made no improvement... but I'm comfortable with those grades.

Agreed :biggrin: the irony is that I'm exploiting the generosity to get out of here though!
Yeah you should be, Maths is hard anyway. Are you planning on taking it further to A Level?
Reply 15
Maths A*
Maths FSMQ additional math A (Highest)
Stats A*
English literature A
Science A*
Geography A*
History A*
Business A
French B
Original post by ChloBrown98
I recently had my mocks too, I didn't revise which I sort of regret for some subjects haha.
English Language: A
English Literature: A*
Mathematics: B
Chemistry: A
Physics: B
History: B
R.E: C
Business: A*
French: A
I'm happy with my English, Chemistry, Biology and business grades because these are the options that I have chosen for college.

Great results:biggrin:
Original post by ArafH
Maths A*
Maths FSMQ additional math A (Highest)
Stats A*
English literature A
Science A*
Geography A*
History A*
Business A
French B

You are so smart. Did you do much revision?
Reply 18
All these results are great :smile:
I did mine in November-December:
English Lit.: A*
Maths: A (A* was 95% haha)
Further Maths: A*
Physics: A
History: A*
German: A*
Latin: A*

I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with mine, I want to get A*s in everything :biggrin:
I'll have much more preparation for the real things though!
Original post by TheBigJosh
10 A* 1A

WOW, amazing results. :biggrin::biggrin:

Latest