Anyone else do global development for SCLY3 (AQA) Watch

Onoderas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey! The majority of people seem to be sitting Beliefs in Society for unit 3 so all revision threads are pretty much focused on that. Just wondering if anyone else sits global for this unit to make a thread for revision here? I absolutely hate the topic so any revision would be useful
TSR Learn Together
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Onoderas
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Bump.
SCLY3boresmeso
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey sorry about being 4 months late, but yeah I also do Global Development. No one seems to do it on TSR.

Posted from TSR Mobile
bethhhh89
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I also do Global Development, it's so difficult to find good revision materials because almost no-one does it This thread doesn't seem very active but I was hoping since it is getting nearer the exam people might start to join? Desperate for some predictions for global!
SCLY3boresmeso
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's very hard to predict for global but due to the change to linear I personally think they might go for Globalisation or Malthusians theory for 33 mark and industrialisation for 18. But it's impossible to preidct global.

Posted from TSR Mobile
PATD
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey I'm doing global development too, guess that makes four us
SCLY3boresmeso
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
4! Hahah! Such a popular topic...
SCLY3boresmeso
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Global Development is on the agenda for tomorrow!
LucyDavies987
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey! I'm doing Global Development too guys, and I'm stressing out with the amount of work I have to do! Can you help me out with Malthusian's theory? I'm not sure what you mean D:
SCLY3boresmeso
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You would talk about Malthus, then neo malthusians, link it all in to demography and war and conflict, you can contrast woth mod/dep theory, then there is anti malthusians, it's not as hard as it seems.
LucyDavies987
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you!!! I've got all the notes on demographic change & development - malthusian/neomalthusian views and everything, but how does malthusian link to war and conflict? All i have on w&c is Duffield, the costs of conflict, and old&new wars? D:
LucyDavies987
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
oh also guys, my teacher predicted this for the exam.

Crime & Deviance ---> Marxism, Social Control, WCC/State Crime
Theory & Methods ---> Modernity/Post Modernism or Social Policy

Global Development ---> Population & Consumption (malthus/ehrlich) and Globalisation.

not sure if thats any help, and obviously they're not guaranteed to come up, just thought i'd share
LucyDavies987
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Could somebody please look at my essay on Globalisation, and my essay on Population & Consumption and tell me if its any good? Thank you so much guys <3333 sincerely, one freaked out person over exams
bethhhh89
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i'll have a look at it if you like
MrGrafter786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am stressing about this exam! Any revision websites?
bambamx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
there is just over an hour left until the exam . i've never been as unprepared in my life
LucyDavies987
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bethhhh89)
i'll have a look at it if you like
Sorry I only just saw this!!! thank you SO much for the offer, but I guess it's a bit late now! hahaha :') thank you very much though!!!
LucyDavies987
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bambamx)
there is just over an hour left until the exam . i've never been as unprepared in my life
I'm with you here. Global Development is a pain in the arse. and I have a psychology exam tomorrow so I've had to divide my time, which SUCKS.

How are you feeling on Malthusian and Globalisation? they're predicted to come up
bambamx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LucyDavies987)
I'm with you here. Global Development is a pain in the arse. and I have a psychology exam tomorrow so I've had to divide my time, which SUCKS.

How are you feeling on Malthusian and Globalisation? they're predicted to come up
I have a philosophy exam tomorrow as well so had to skip from one subject to the other when i was revising. I revised globalisation so much and i had revised population like a month ago but haven't had time to go over it again. how did you find the exam? i thought it was pretty good!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (44)
9.24%
I used to but I don't now (13)
2.73%
No, but I want to start (169)
35.5%
No, I am unable to (112)
23.53%
No, I chose not to (138)
28.99%