The Student Room Group

Guys who don't like girls wearing make-up ...

because apparently it gives them that false beauty.

But what are you gonna do then? Look for a girl who doesn't wear make-up and who is still very pretty?
That creates few problems doesn't it?
1) Not many such girls - and even if they are naturally pretty, many girls will wear make-up to fit into the group of because they are conscious of their looks
2) It isn't guaranteed that even if you do manage to find such girl she will fall for you

So question is, what would you do? Force yourself to change your view or would you keep searching?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't wear make up and I consider myself to be rathher pretty than ugly...
There are plenty of women who don't wear makeup. Guys who dislike makeup probably don't like the way girls with makeup look, so they're more likely to like how a girl looks without it.

Also, not all girls wear makeup because they're conscious of their looks.
Reply 3
I don't think guys are against makeup as much as they're against excessive usage of makeup. Makeup is great when used minimally and when it just enhances your features. Most men dislike women plying makeup on to the point it completely changes what they naturally look like, which is pretty unnecessary IMO anyway.
Reply 4
Most guys who say that girls look better without make up tend to be talking about girls with natural make up where it isn't obviously caked on. :sly:
Reply 5
I tried to discuss this here.

The "problem", if we want to call it like that, is not just the makeup. Women tend to be overall artificial.
That means their fashion style, their interests and their other body parts are equally important.
For example finger nails. You can have the best natural-look makeup, but your fingers will tell everything.
Or you can have no makeup at all, but dress like a fashion-junkie.
And beauty means time. That means less time for other things. And this causes the problem that those women have no real interests at all. That means they know what's up currently. Mainstream things, mainstream music, mainstream small talk. But I did not meet one fashion-woman who could hold intellectual conversations. Their general knowledge is horrible. Like something happened in Mogadischu or Ottowa, where is that, right? So they know what happens superficial around the world, more than that they are lost. And the things they follow are fashion, beauty products, tv, popular music.

What to do?
Good question.
Try to wait for the unique ones and hope that she falls in love with you.
Or change your view with the probability that you will never be satisfied and be artifical as they are.
Reply 6
Original post by nyan~
Most guys who say that girls look better without make up tend to be talking about girls with natural make up where it isn't obviously caked on. :sly:

This. Strange thing is these natural looks usually use the same or even more amount of make up than more obvious looks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sbj
I tried to discuss this here.

The "problem", if we want to call it like that, is not just the makeup. Women tend to be overall artificial.
That means their fashion style, their interests and their other body parts are equally important.
For example finger nails. You can have the best natural-look makeup, but your fingers will tell everything.
Or you can have no makeup at all, but dress like a fashion-junkie.
And beauty means time. That means less time for other things. And this causes the problem that those women have no real interests at all. That means they know what's up currently. Mainstream things, mainstream music, mainstream small talk. But I did not meet one fashion-woman who could hold intellectual conversations. Their general knowledge is horrible. Like something happened in Mogadischu or Ottowa, where is that, right? So they know what happens superficial around the world, more than that they are lost. And the things they follow are fashion, beauty products, tv, popular music.

What to do?
Good question.
Try to wait for the unique ones and hope that she falls in love with you.
Or change your view with the probability that you will never be satisfied and be artifical as they are.

Errr, no. I wear a ****ton of makeup, and I have a wide of range of interests, I take part in politicalactivism, I don't drink, listen to mainstream music or wear mainstream fashion, I'm into art and graphic novels.
(edited 10 years ago)
Meh. I don't think a lot of guys care. Most of them can't even tell lol. I don't wear makeup much (eyeliner/mascara when I can be bothered) because I'm lucky to have clear skin. A lot of girls don't have that luck and wear makeup for confidence. More power to them.
Reply 9
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Errr, no. I wear a ****ton of makeup, and I have a wide of range of interests, I take part in politicalactivism, I don't drink, listen to mainstream music or wear mainstream fashion, I'm into art and graphic novels.

Dear Lady,
I understand that you are angry, but I did not generalize it. I spoke about those women I met personally.
And always the same thing when I try to talk about these things. Women get angry very fast because they feel offended. And why? Because there is something true but they do not want to accept it. Like an alcoholic can't admit he is an alcoholic. You try to forbid me my thoughts about something. Very ignorant. Your last sentence should not come from a lady but it happened. Thank you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
us guys complain about a lot but we mean very little lol
My make-ups like a drag queens. Drag queens love me.
Original post by sbj
Dear Lady,
I understand that you are angry, but I did not generalize it. I spoke about those women I met personally.
And always the same thing when I try to talk about these things. Women get angry very fast because they feel offended. And why? Because there is something true but they do not want to accept it. Like an alcoholic can't admit he is an alcoholic. You try to forbid me my thoughts about something. Very ignorant. Your last sentence should not come from a lady but it happened. Thank you.

Yes you did generalise. You spoke about all women. Ha, ignore everything I said. I'm not offended because it's true, I'm offended because you are making ignorant misognistic comments. And judging me based on the fact I like to wear makeup. I have not tried to forbid your thoughts, just pointed out you're wrong.

Why not? Are women not permitted to use the same language now?
I don't mind women wearing makeup. I wouldn't say that necessarily "less is more". I will say that some clearly need a little instruction on the matter.
Reply 14
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Yes you did generalise. You spoke about all women. Ha, ignore everything I said. I'm not offended because it's true, I'm offended because you are making ignorant misognistic comments. And judging me based on the fact I like to wear makeup. I have not tried to forbid your thoughts, just pointed out you're wrong.

Why not? Are women not permitted to use the same language now?

I am mysogynistic? Isn't this judging me without knowing me?
I would describe myself the opposite and so do other people (I hope they do not lie). Your kind are the most beautiful things on this planet. Just it is sad to see your kind so artificial. Wouldn't it sadden you if you would see trees and flowers looking like plastic ones because people changed their looking?

And I do not judge you based on the fact you like to wear makeup.
I did not say anything about your character or about any other woman.
That is the thing. You feel offended, as it is clearly shown by your messages.
I say, makeup is artificial. It is a fact. You want to look like something you are NOT.
This is not judging, this is you. Or why the hell are you using makeup? Because you like the chemicals in them? What is your purpose? Bored one day and then you decided to wear makeup until you die?

Same language? Well I do not use this language.
You are the one who cares for beauty, do you find it beautiful to talk like that? I don't.
Beauty isn't just about outer appearance.
Reply 15
Original post by sbj
Their general knowledge is horrible. Like something happened in Mogadischu or Ottowa, where is that, right? So they know what happens superficial around the world, more than that they are lost. And the things they follow are fashion, beauty products, tv, popular music..

My general knowledge of current events has nothing to with whether or not i wear make up but rather the mere fact that the simpsons comes on at 6 and when given the choice between that and the news i'll always pick simpsons.

As for the superficial you talk of i don't like watching tv, fashion doesn't interest me and my ipod hasn't been updated since 2012 :frown:

Sorry to disappoint but causation does not imply correlation :rolleyes:
Original post by sbj
I am mysogynistic? Isn't this judging me without knowing me?
I would describe myself the opposite and so do other people (I hope they do not lie). Your kind are the most beautiful things on this planet. Just it is sad to see your kind so artificial. Wouldn't it sadden you if you would see trees and flowers looking like plastic ones because people changed their looking?

And I do not judge you based on the fact you like to wear makeup.
I did not say anything about your character or about any other woman.
That is the thing. You feel offended, as it is clearly shown by your messages.
I say, makeup is artificial. It is a fact. You want to look like something you are NOT.
This is not judging, this is you. Or why the hell are you using makeup? Because you like the chemicals in them? What is your purpose? Bored one day and then you decided to wear makeup until you die?

Same language? Well I do not use this language.
You are the one who cares for beauty, do you find it beautiful to talk like that? I don't.
Beauty isn't just about outer appearance.

This is misogynistic

". And this causes the problem that those women have no real interests at all. That means they know what's up currently. Mainstream things, mainstream music, mainstream small talk. But I did not meet one fashion-woman who could hold intellectual conversations"

Yes you did. You said women who wear makeup have no interests and don't know what's happening globally.

I use makeup because it is an art form, I like painting my face like a canvas, I like creating something, I like seeing what I can do. It's fun. It looks nice. It's awesome. Sorry to break it to you, but the world doesn't revolve around your penis. So whether you like it or not, you have no say in it.

Is it beautiful? No. But it's needed when someone posts such utter drivel about others just because they dress or style themselves differently to you.
Reply 17
Original post by randomd_love
My general knowledge of current events has nothing to with whether or not i wear make up but rather the mere fact that the simpsons comes on at 6 and when given the choice between that and the news i'll always pick simpsons.

As for the superficial you talk of i don't like watching tv, fashion doesn't interest me and my ipod hasn't been updated since 2012 :frown:

Sorry to disappoint but causation does not imply correlation :rolleyes:

Good for your as I tried to explain and said that I talked about the people I met.
And it says a lot of things that you choose Simpsons over the news.
I don't really understand OP, I'm happy to listen to what you're saying though. I normally only go for girls who don't wear much make up because that's my personal taste, I don't see what the problem with that is.

1. Then surely it's more justified to be interested finding a girl that's more unique and not completely dominated by peer pressure? I look down on smokers for the same reason, all that you've done there is told me I should look down on people who wear make up as weaker (Which I don't).

2. No, obviously not. But personally it hasn't happened yet, when someone finds another person attractive it's normally on some instinctual level that means they're compatible.

Original post by Anonymous
because apparently it gives them that false beauty.

But what are you gonna do then? Look for a girl who doesn't wear make-up and who is still very pretty?
That creates few problems doesn't it?
1) Not many such girls - and even if they are naturally pretty, many girls will wear make-up to fit into the group of because they are conscious of their looks
2) It isn't guaranteed that even if you do manage to find such girl she will fall for you

So question is, what would you do? Force yourself to change your view or would you keep searching?

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by sbj
Good for your as I tried to explain and said that I talked about the people I met.
And it says a lot of things that you choose Simpsons over the news.

Tbh I think a lot of people would rather watch the Simpsons than the news. I know I would. You can find out the news on the internet or on your phone whenever you want

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply